Travel with kids forum

dec 10 ish for 3 weeks without booking ??? with 5 year old

• rocket111

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2013

hi lots of questions but my main worry is if we book flights to thailand and have no accomodation booked will we have problems finding places to stay christmas/ new year ? the more i read about different places, islands the more confused i get about where will be child friendly as much as i would love to party all night its not really my little boys bag lol so any imput from those of you that have backpacked with kids would be really appreciated.
    thanks sharon x

#1 Posted: 24/1/2013 - 11:55

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

You kind of lost me here. What exactly are you asking? Where to go with a five year old?

#2 Posted: 24/1/2013 - 11:59

• rocket111

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2013

sorry thailand !!!

#3 Posted: 24/1/2013 - 12:05

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

With the exception of Ko Phi Phi, you should be able to find something. It comes down to how choosy you'd like to be with your accommodation.

Somewhere like Ko Lanta or Ko Bulon Lae are islands I'd recommend to travellers with youngish kids -- by December 10 some places will be full for sure, but there will be others that still have rooms. By Xmas/New Years availability will be far tighter and booking perhaps more sensible.

Personally (I have a 4 & 6 year old) if I was heading to Thailand for a break I'd probably book in advance, but that's just me -- I know the region well and have a good idea of where I would want to stay with the kids. Much of it will come down to how willing you are to go door knocking along a beach with a five-year old looking for a room.

Hope that helps

#4 Posted: 24/1/2013 - 19:22

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

How did my post end up on the top of this thread? Weird.

#5 Posted: 24/1/2013 - 21:45

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

@madmac - fixed. Was happening because OP probably edited post after your reply, to the thread got re-ordered. One of the reasons editing window is limited ;-)

#6 Posted: 24/1/2013 - 23:25

• rocket111

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2013

thanks for the reply i will look at those islands , any places you think suitable that i can look up would be a great help. Im now thinking book the christmas/new year in advance and have a mini adventure first as the flight will be to bankok it gives us a week to explore a little i didnt really want the whole package deal kind of holiday but what is best for my little man is far more important than a rose tinted dream !!

#7 Posted: 25/1/2013 - 04:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.