Travel with kids forum

WHat is the best time and place to travel with kids to Mexico?

• jeckjiem

Joined Travelfish
    23rd May, 2013

My wife and I have three kids ( 13, 11, 8 ). We have never been to Mexico as a family. I would like an All Inclusive, but as we often do, we don't need two rooms. Most hotels, if we tell them we are traveling with 3 kids won't let us stay in one room. With an All Inclusive I would thiink it near impossible to do this and get all three kids all the All Inclusive benefits. Any help and ideas would be appreciated.

#1 Posted: 23/5/2013 - 10:39

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

You're posting on the wrong website really. This website focuses primarily on Asia. However, aside from Lonely Planet's Thorntree forum, I'm not sure where else to recommend that you look.

#2 Posted: 23/5/2013 - 14:24

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

From where are you travelling, when can you go, and what is your budget?

My favorite spots in Mexico are the Yucatan peninsula and Baja California. You might look on the websites VRBO or HomeAway for a short-term furnished house rental rather than an all-inclusive resort. With these short-term rentals, you'll get a full kitchen along with other hotel-like amenities (cable tv, sheets and towels, internet, etc.), but you'll be cooking your own meals and/or going out to eat instead. We've done them in Ensenada, Mexico before (a two-bedroom house right on the beach) and think they offer great value for money. I've seen a few in the Playa del Carmen or Cozumel areas of the Yucatan that look great too.

If the all-inclusive aspect is important to you but you could settle for just a taste of Mexico, then have a look at a cruise out of Los Angeles or any number of ports in Florida. As an example, Carnival Cruises offers a family-friendly atmosphere and special activities for kids all day long. You could try to squeeze into one room or get two adjacent cabins. Worth a look, anyway.

#3 Posted: 23/5/2013 - 19:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Mexico Travel Site ... By candyman on 1 Jun 2012 1 1860 21 Sep 2012