Travel with kids forum

Travelling with children in Thailand

• gazehunter

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2009

We are a family of 5 (16, 9 & 6 months) travelling to koh-maak for 4 nights and from there to Chang-Mai by train for a few days. We are looking for a balance of child friendly but not commercial (touristy) type of experience. Can any one help? Oh, and if you can recommend a not-too-expensive resort on Koh-Maak (one which doesn't charge a compulsory x-mas dinner fee)

#1 Posted: 19/11/2009 - 18:59

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Most places that can be booked online do the Xmas gala dinner ripoff unfortunately.

If you're arriving four days before Xmas, you may be able to get away without a reservation, but if you're looking at arriving on Xmas eve, then its a good idea.

As for recommendations, I've got a whole swag of updated Ko Maak research that is going online over the weekend -- so I'll answer thaqt bit of your question in once it is online, as I've not read it yet myself.

#2 Posted: 20/11/2009 - 07:47

• gazehunter

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2009

Hi somtam2000,
    Thank you for your reply, I look forward to reading your Ko Maak updates. The whole 'Great Xmas dinner swindle' thing seems very cynical to me. We want to give our children a really great experience (we don't really do packages) but I am just a little worried we might be caught out if we don't pre-book.
    BTW - your article on travelling with children, 10 tips on packing for a baby in Southeast Asia, was really helpful. Did you post any more?

#3 Posted: 20/11/2009 - 15:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travelling with children ... By davekna1 on 28 Jan 2011 12 4741 19 May 2011
Travelling with children in asia ... By somtam2000 on 6 Jul 2009 0 5878 6 Jul 2009
travelling with young children ... By myrto on 24 Jul 2006 2 4210 25 Jul 2006