Travel news forum
Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Two Brits dead after taking heroin 'they thought was cocaine'
23rd February, 2009
Total reviews: 30
The Mail Online reports that two British tourists have been found dead at a hotel in Cambodia after mistakenly taking heroin. The bodies of university graduates Mark Ganley, 34, and David Hunt, 36, were found in a hotel room in capital city Phnom Penh. Ganley, a businessman, and Hunt, a sports journalist, had bloodied noses and it is thought they died of overdoses after inadvertently snorting a form of heroin, believing it to be cocaine.
Municipal deputy police chief Hy Pru has been reported as saying he believes the pair died of drugs overdoses and the white powder was heroin-based. It is commonplace for Cambodians to sell heroin to tourists who ask for cocaine, which is more expensive. The practice is thought to account for a dozen deaths in the capital every year.
A sobering and sad reminder that the rules are just the same when it comes to doing drugs outside your home country. You can never be too careful!
#1 Posted: 28/2/2009 - 09:43
This post has been locked by the moderator.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|Phnom Penh - Cambodia ...||0||2231||3 Apr 2013|
|AFL: Cambodia vs. Vietnam in Phnom Penh, March 3 ...||2||2175||15 Mar 2012|
|Photography Workshop in Cambodia-Phnom Penh ...||0||1152||27 Sep 2013|
|Cambodia (Siem Reap to Phnom Penh) Itinerary ...||1||5079||27 May 2008|
|Cambodia in 11 days - what to do in between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap? ...||3||5969||7 Feb 2011|
|cambodia to laos - phnom penh or siem reap? ...||5||4381||26 May 2006|
|travel from Phnom Penh Cambodia to HCMC Vietnam ...||6||4144||16 Aug 2009|
|Cambodia (Phnom Penh - Siem Reap-Bangkok) 3rd october 2012 ...||0||1013||27 Sep 2012|
|Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh ...||1||2023||2 Mar 2014|
|Angkor Tour Guide | Travel & Tours Packages Cambodia Siem Reap Phnom Penh ...||0||4929||22 Apr 2007|