Travel technology forum

android apps for itinerary building?

• fernwood

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2013

Hi all

I've just realized that it would be really helpful to have an app to help me visualize and fill in my itinerary. I'm doing research, creating bookmarks, pasting into documents, putting post-its into books,,,it's all good, but it's unwieldy. What I'd like to be able to do is to put all the information onto a map somehow (I love maps!). Then when I found myself in the middle of Laos with a day to spare, I could have a look to see if I'd discovered anything interesting in the area. (or talk to people there, of course!). Or if we really liked somewhere, I could more easily see where we could pass on going to. Any suggestions? Thank you.

#1 Posted: 8/9/2013 - 10:38

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I have been using MapsWithMe . You can download maps by country which is handy when offline and/or you can't get a signal. I just upgraded to the Pro version yesterday which allows you to search, but more importantly drop pins to bookmark places of interest. When adding a pin you can also cut and paste notes (eg from Travelfish) you can reference.

I'm currently in Teenage, a relatively remote island in Indonesia and found this to be a better map than Google maps, surprisingly.

#2 Posted: 9/9/2013 - 18:42

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Teenage?! That should have been Ternate, in Indonesia. I blame auto correct on the phone. :-/

#3 Posted: 10/9/2013 - 04:25

• fernwood

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2013

Hi busylizzy-that's why I couldn't find Teenage Island :) I thought you'd found an island so far off the beaten track it wasn't Googleable! I like the idea of Mapswithme...trying to figure out what I think about Thai maps having Thai lettering, though-not sure if it's a plus (I could point to the map in Thailand and ak for directions) or a minus (I can't read it!).

#4 Posted: 10/9/2013 - 09:09

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

That's interesting about Thai maps. Hadn't download that one yet....

#5 Posted: 10/9/2013 - 17:39

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

That's interesting about Thai maps. Hadn't download that one yet....

#6 Posted: 10/9/2013 - 17:39

• riderol

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2014

I like to rent a car while travelling in countryside and few times already I used this app to find a car for a rent http://www.carrentalsmarket.com/android/. It will allow you to find best deals from anywhere any time. You can choose your location, dates and type of car you want.

#7 Posted: 21/5/2014 - 02:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Android apps for Vietnam/Laos ... By paulclose on 10 Apr 2011 0 2567 10 Apr 2011