Travel technology forum

take extra battery pack/second battery

• neonama

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2013

Once, my friend drove me to a near city. At first I was playing games on my S3, then soon after I fell asleep with the phone on! When we arrived about 3 hrs later, my fully charged phone had only few juice left. My friend already left before I noticed my mistake, and I needed the GPS to get to my destination. I had to spend extra time to find a electrical outlet for recharging.

The first thing I returned home was got myself an extra backup battery. After a few research and comparing I picked one with 3200mah from MPJ at reasonable price online, to avoid this type of mistakes would cause hiccups in my travells or any on the go in the future( it actually not happen again).

Wondering do u guys carry second battery/extra battery pack while travelling in case sudden power off?

#1 Posted: 19/10/2013 - 01:38

• Advertisement

• antoniamitc-
    hell

Click here to learn more about antoniamitchell
    Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2012
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 3
    Places visited:
    At least 39

For my phone, no, I don't carry a spare battery. To be honest, I prefer to use paper maps instead of GPS/maps on my phone - I never have to worry about lack of signal, getting it wet rain it rains, or that sucker running out of power because I forgot to charge it (which happens invariably).

For my camera? Absolutely!

#2 Posted: 19/10/2013 - 15:24

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

I always travel with a portable charger that, when fully charged, can fully juice up my phone twice. When I go home or back to hotel room, I charge the phone and the portable charger, so it would take a few days before I completely ran out of juice (never come close yet). For camera I have a double A battery strip that can take the place of the normal battery if it runs out, although it's kind of heavy and I haven't used it much in a while.

#3 Posted: 19/10/2013 - 23:08

• irony

Joined Travelfish
    20th October, 2013

yes, every time I would like to take a second battery or external battery pack around when travelling. I also have a mpj battery pack, which is compatible with both phone and camera.

#4 Posted: 21/10/2013 - 12:11

• MellisaTurn-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    16th March, 2013

Definitely, it is very important to carry second battery while to travel some place because phone battery gets drain when we click images or playing games as our phone screen remains on. So, it is better to carry extra battery with you.

#5 Posted: 30/10/2013 - 06:50

• PeterMFL

Click here to learn more about PeterMFL
    Joined Travelfish
    21st September, 2013

I also ALWAYS take a second battery charger sometimes even a third. I use my phone for everything... maps, photos, videos.... you can get some pretty cheap once from eBay but make sure they have the mAH's that will suit you. Low mAH's won't even fully charge your phone.

#6 Posted: 30/10/2013 - 08:56

• kai3

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2013

I have a couple ofextra batteries, one from mpj and others are OEMs. I use them when brightness at near full, lots of emails, and report writing and when I was travelling.I think carrying spares all the time it's a wise choice for me.

#7 Posted: 19/11/2013 - 20:05

• travelnoob

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2014

Thanks for your tips!

#8 Posted: 3/3/2014 - 00:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
charging my battery;s!!!! ... By barrylad66 on 15 Mar 2008 2 3278 1 Oct 2008
HELP! Where can I get a lithium-ion camera battery in Chiang Mai? ... By Lornie on 8 Mar 2009 3 1847 9 Mar 2009