Travel technology forum

What tech gadgets would you bring when you're travelling?

• Kenji67

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2013

I want to collect you guys' tech gadgets and see what I should bring and not bring next time when I traveled.

#1 Posted: 8/11/2013 - 02:37

• Advertisement

• boxee

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2008
    Location Singapore

ken

this is really up to u, we are all different , and depends on how much you want to carry(and what u will use ) , for me , always a good smart phone and my kindle are a must ,

DLSR cameras are heavy and take to much room, same with laptops

danny

#2 Posted: 11/11/2013 - 01:03

• Kenji67

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2013

I take my iPhone and iPad every time with me, and now I've got a RavPower 14000mAh which can charge them at the same time. It's fantastic.
    http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-External-14000mAh-Incredible-Motorola/dp/B00EHEEFWY

#3 Posted: 19/11/2013 - 00:29

• parveen7

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2013

I'l take my camera, Iphone and bluetooth..

#4 Posted: 18/12/2013 - 00:36

• morgen

Joined Travelfish
    25th December, 2013

The Travel Tech community will also often talk general tech, geeks that we are, so don't worry if you see posts about email applications, reboots and the latest drive or memory options.

#5 Posted: 25/12/2013 - 01:42

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

My cell phone.

#6 Posted: 25/12/2013 - 07:42

• DSawyer

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2013

Ok...I'm the weirdo who doesn't carry a smart phone.I basically hate phones,texting,twitter and instagram I can careless about any of it.I carry the Samsung galaxy tab 2 7 inch with otter box... I can format 64GB micro sd cards to plug everything I need in it.I have an Easy Acc 120000 mAh 4 port USB power bank...look it up...a techie dream!Along with a Voltiac
    Fuse 10W Solar Laptop Charger

Seen here... http://www.voltaicsystems.com/fuse10w.shtml
    the solar panels charge a battery pack that can charge my power bank...which essentially means I can drop off the grid...which I do from time to time...but Primarily I need that power because my main love is photography and I can keep my 2 Nikon's powered always..
    Along with being able to charge friends phones keep LED lights on as long as I like and my Tablet in perpetual use during my down time.
    It works for me...but as mentioned above...everyone is different

Cheers!

#7 Posted: 26/12/2013 - 21:26

• imasmiley88

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2012

I only carry my smartphone. It's all I need and it can really accomplish lots of things (surfing the internet, texting, taking photos). Some people bring their laptops but I find it unnecessary since I go to vacation to enjoy the place and not to be in front of the computer.

If you want to get better photos it's good to bring a DSLR and learn some photography tips.

#8 Posted: 30/12/2013 - 21:08

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

Phone, camera and ipod. I only use the phone for a clock/alarm and to access wifi and to have in case of emergency.

When I did my trip to SEA I broke my phone and bought a cheap tablet. I have since sold it because it wasn't very good but I have been tempted to pick up a better quality 7" tablet since they take up very little space and make browsing and emails much easier as well as it would allow you to upload pictures etc.

#9 Posted: 30/12/2013 - 21:36

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

- 11' inch Macbook Air (never gotten into the tablets - I need a keyboard)
    - iPhone 4 (only real reason I need a smartphone is GPS)
    - Nikon d5100 w/ 35 mm prime lens
    - Nikon e8800 (old camera that's served me incredibly well since '06 and still going strong - will continue using it to compliment the SLR until I get another lens or two)
    - Canon s110 (stealthy little point and shoot that takes solid indoor photos)
    - Pair of headphones
    - Too many chargers, including a generic portable iPhone charger that ensures my phone battery never runs out.

#10 Posted: 30/12/2013 - 21:59

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Smart phones are handy but iphones r too small to be any good. Not sure why people buy those hyped.up.pieces of junk.

Samsung Note 3 kills the iphones.

#11 Posted: 1/1/2014 - 05:05

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

"Some people bring their laptops but I find it unnecessary since I go to vacation to enjoy the place and not to be in front of the computer."

Some people spend a lot of time in internet cafes. It's funny walking past an internet cafe and seeing it packed.

#12 Posted: 1/1/2014 - 10:33

• mixxat

Joined Travelfish
    29th April, 2012
    Location Other
    Places visited:
    At least 16

I bring iPhone 5 and small camera

#13 Posted: 1/1/2014 - 13:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.