Travel technology forum

AA Lithium Batteries in Thailand? Do they exist?

• mille716

Joined Travelfish
    11th February, 2008

I'm in Koh Tao right now and the batteries for my digital camara have died about three days ago. So far I've bought three different packs of batteries, none of which can power my camara long enough to take a picture. I've only bought lithium batteries for it in the States since I thought they would just last longer, not because I knew they were required. The only lithium batteries I've come across so far are the short fat ones for some digital camaras.

Am I going to have to wait till I get back to Bangkok before I can use my camara again? Heck, can you even get AA lithium batteries in Bangkok. I'd like to not buy a whole new digital camara if I can get around it. My bungalow is right on the beach and two beautiful sunsets have passed with no record so far...

#1 Posted: 1/7/2008 - 19:42

• Advertisement

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

My camera came with lithium batteries and that is what the instruction booklet recommends - but I use the cheap alkaline batteries. The alkaline batteries in my camera don't last as long as the lithium batteries but they are one third the price. So, even when I have to throw the batteries out in less time than the lithium batteries in the end I get more shots at a cheaper price.

AA batteries are a pretty common size, I am surprised that the batteries you install don't work at all. I don't mean this as an insult but double check that you have the batteries inserted right, I think alkaline batteries would work in your camera but of course not as long as the lithium batteries.

Ask your hotel desk clerk if they know where to buy lithium batteries or where the nearest photo supply place is.

Good luck.

#2 Posted: 21/8/2008 - 10:46

• UCSBrown

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009

Hi,

This question wasn't fully answered so I hope someone can help. Are lithium batteries readily available in Thailand? If so, what is the cost?

Thanks

#3 Posted: 4/12/2009 - 13:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.