Travel technology forum

An idiot's guide to getting online with a cellphone in Thailand

• packtoofull

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2007
    Location Indonesia

Travelhappy has a great piece about just how easy it can be to get online with a cellphone in Thailand without needing to troll down to the local games centre and bully a ten-year old off a games-terminal.

Grab a phone, local sim, make a couple of calls and you're set -- or so he says anyway.

Read the full up and down, left and right on getting online with a mobile phone in Thailand.

#1 Posted: 14/7/2008 - 17:57

• Advertisement

• husqvarna

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2009

Does anyone have any more information about this device. I am rather naive about this technology. I want to be able to access the internet from my netbook while in Thailand. I have an older AT&T cellphone without inexpensive internet access. I am guessing that I need to buy a cheap phone and sim card with a pre-paid card then hook this Sierra AirCard to it my computer?????
    Lee

#2 Posted: 15/12/2009 - 07:56

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

I just bought a thumb drive yesterday. You put the sim card in your phone to activate it, then take it out and put it in the thumb drive. Stick it in the usb port and it takes care of itself. It has to be simple or I wouldn't have been able to do it. LOL Rather expensive at 3290 baht but comes with 150 hours of time and then you reload with a call. Haven't played with it to much yet so don't know everything.

#3 Posted: 15/12/2009 - 09:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.