Travel technology forum

Video editing software

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

Hey... I have recently bought a camcorder and want to be able to edit the footage I have taken - it came with some trial s/w (Cyberlink Power Director) which I will need to upgrade to the full version to get all the tools - so has anyone ever used this? What other options should I be looking at? I am not averse to paying... but obviously if there is decent freeware about then that is better

Thanks
    Chris

#1 Posted: 7/3/2009 - 16:12

• Advertisement

• chaos23

Joined Travelfish
    4th September, 2008
    Total reviews: 7

i hope I am not too late: don´t take cyberlink.

look for adobe premiere, maybe an old pinnacle version is still available on ebay (be careful if it fits on your laptop system), final cut (apple only), ulead, if still available.
    also apple is coming with a movie program as does windows.
    there is some freeware on the market but I did not find anything approbiate yet as I am working with the professional tools at work.

i´d prefer to store the data and make the finalz when i´m back. you need a really good laptop for that on tour and that´s maybe a bit risky....

editing footage takes a long time :)

#2 Posted: 25/6/2009 - 16:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.