Photo: Aiming for a higher level in Lamphun.

Travel technology forum

how to 'copy' on an ipod touch

Posted by christay2009 on 30/8/2009 at 17:11

i'm pretty sure i've done this by accident a few times but now i actually want to do it...i can't figure out how!! google searches don't seem to help either, they just tell me i can do it but now how?!

any help?!

#1 christay2009 has been a member since 8/2/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 414

Posted by Rohan on 30/8/2009 at 17:58

The question is a bit vague.

What are you trying to copy (music or general files), and are you trying to copy it from or to the ipod?

#2 Rohan has been a member since 16/6/2009. Posts: 63

Posted by BruceMoon on 30/8/2009 at 18:41

Chris

I get the feeling you're a bit like me on this one - somewhat over the hill.

Cheers

#3 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by christay2009 on 30/8/2009 at 22:00

sorry, i meant copy as in "cut, copy, past" as in...text! i was trying to copy some text off a website in safari into my 'notes. I know you can but have only ever done it accidently!!

I'm trying to copy some names of a couple of restaurants in Mandarin as well as the address for when i arrive in Beijing.

#4 christay2009 has been a member since 8/2/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 414

Posted by tails101 on 30/8/2009 at 23:18

This guide from Apple describes how to copy/paste/cut on the iphone, which providing you have the 3.0 update for the ipod touch works the same way...

http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3gs/cut-copy-paste.html

But basically...

An onscreen magnifying glass helps you position the insertion point for typing and editing text. You can select text to cut, copy, and paste.

Position the insertion point: Touch and hold to bring up the magnifying glass, then drag to position the insertion point.

Select text: Tap the insertion point to display the selection buttons. Tap Select to select the adjacent word or tap Select All to select all text. When you’re typing, you can also double-tap to select a word. In read-only documents, such as webpages or email you’ve received, touch and hold to select a word. Drag the grab points to select more or less text.

Cut or copy text: Select text, then tap Cut or Copy.

Paste text: Tap the insertion point and tap Paste. The last text that you cut or copied is inserted. Or, select text and tap Paste to replace the text.

Undo the last edit: Shake iPod touch and tap Undo.

#5 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.