Travel technology forum

how to 'copy' on an ipod touch

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

i'm pretty sure i've done this by accident a few times but now i actually want to do it...i can't figure out how!! google searches don't seem to help either, they just tell me i can do it but now how?!

any help?!

#1 Posted: 30/8/2009 - 17:11

• Advertisement

• Rohan

Joined Travelfish
    16th June, 2009

The question is a bit vague.

What are you trying to copy (music or general files), and are you trying to copy it from or to the ipod?

#2 Posted: 30/8/2009 - 17:58

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Chris

I get the feeling you're a bit like me on this one - somewhat over the hill.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 30/8/2009 - 18:41

• christay2009

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2009
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

sorry, i meant copy as in "cut, copy, past" as in...text! i was trying to copy some text off a website in safari into my 'notes. I know you can but have only ever done it accidently!!

I'm trying to copy some names of a couple of restaurants in Mandarin as well as the address for when i arrive in Beijing.

#4 Posted: 30/8/2009 - 22:00

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

This guide from Apple describes how to copy/paste/cut on the iphone, which providing you have the 3.0 update for the ipod touch works the same way...

http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3gs/cut-copy-paste.html

But basically...

An onscreen magnifying glass helps you position the insertion point for typing and editing text. You can select text to cut, copy, and paste.

Position the insertion point: Touch and hold to bring up the magnifying glass, then drag to position the insertion point.

Select text: Tap the insertion point to display the selection buttons. Tap Select to select the adjacent word or tap Select All to select all text. When you’re typing, you can also double-tap to select a word. In read-only documents, such as webpages or email you’ve received, touch and hold to select a word. Drag the grab points to select more or less text.

Cut or copy text: Select text, then tap Cut or Copy.

Paste text: Tap the insertion point and tap Paste. The last text that you cut or copied is inserted. Or, select text and tap Paste to replace the text.

Undo the last edit: Shake iPod touch and tap Undo.

#5 Posted: 30/8/2009 - 23:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
iphone or ipod touch? ... By magdalena88 on 4 Sep 2013 4 1167 10 Sep 2013
iPod Touch Apps without Wifi ... By Criggy on 27 Feb 2012 0 2193 27 Feb 2012
Viewing PDFs on an iPod touch? ... By christay2009 on 12 Aug 2009 3 2856 12 Aug 2009
UK bought iPod touch wireless - work in Asia? ... By christay2009 on 16 Jun 2009 1 3538 16 Jun 2009