Travel technology forum

Cheap shopping at Taiwan/Taipei airport?

• Billabong

Joined Travelfish
    11th July, 2009

Hi there,
    I am having an 2-hour stop over at Taipei airport on my flight to Vietnam. Since in Europe there's a lot of "made in Taiwan" for electronic stuff, i wondered if it is worth to wait buying for example Digital-Camera equipment, I-Pod stuff etc.

Has anyone any experience, is there a chance to get some bargains on electronic stuff?

Thanks,

#1 Posted: 12/9/2009 - 20:58

• Advertisement

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

I should preface by saying I'm the most uninterested shopper in the world, but. . . .

I've had a lot of layovers for more years than I want to think about in the Chan Kai Shek Airport now called Taoyuen or something. It was and still does seem to be under construction. Seems like all I ever see are duty free booze, perfume, ciggies and chocolate. They must have electronics too but it doesn't seem like the kind of place to get a deal. Bunch of mostly empty stores.

#2 Posted: 13/9/2009 - 09:35

• Azariah

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2014

Its more like a must for me especially when it comes to shopping in a new place airports are a very important thing for that. I most of the times stick to the things which are fine enough for me in terms of following the basics and at the same time we get to buy good stuff. But prices are quite high at those places that is what i find a little annoying but still prefer buying.

#3 Posted: 17/10/2014 - 23:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.