Photo: Aiming for a higher level in Lamphun.

Travel technology forum

Charging MP3 players/iPods

Posted by ssaint on 22/9/2009 at 17:43

Hi

Im heading off to Thailand, definitely need to take music with me... but whats the best way of charging? would anyone advise getting a cheap MP3 player which takes AA batteries, or does something exist that takes AA batteries which you can plug into your music player which then charges it up?

Dont really want to rely on computers to charge an iPod so am looking for alternative power source

thanks xx

#1 ssaint has been a member since 2/9/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by ellenagger on 12/10/2009 at 05:04

Hi. I bought an AC adapter from Apple. Not cheap, but as small as it gets. I use it with the cable I would otherwise use to connect to my laptop. Charges from the outlet. Very handy.

#2 ellenagger has been a member since 8/11/2007. Posts: 13
 Website 

Posted by dageshi on 12/10/2009 at 06:29

ssaint, you can fairly easily pick up a cheap usb plug, which as the name suggests looks like a normal plug but has a usb socket on the bottom, you plug your normal ipod cable into it and it should charge it quite happily.

Should be dead cheap around $6 something like that

Link to Amazon UK

this is an example

#3 dageshi has been a member since 1/3/2008. Posts: 56

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.