Travel technology forum

Charging MP3 players/iPods

• ssaint

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2009

Hi

Im heading off to Thailand, definitely need to take music with me... but whats the best way of charging? would anyone advise getting a cheap MP3 player which takes AA batteries, or does something exist that takes AA batteries which you can plug into your music player which then charges it up?

Dont really want to rely on computers to charge an iPod so am looking for alternative power source

thanks xx

#1 Posted: 22/9/2009 - 17:43

• Advertisement

• ellenagger

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2007

Hi. I bought an AC adapter from Apple. Not cheap, but as small as it gets. I use it with the cable I would otherwise use to connect to my laptop. Charges from the outlet. Very handy.

#2 Posted: 12/10/2009 - 05:04

• dageshi

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2008

ssaint, you can fairly easily pick up a cheap usb plug, which as the name suggests looks like a normal plug but has a usb socket on the bottom, you plug your normal ipod cable into it and it should charge it quite happily.

Should be dead cheap around $6 something like that

Link to Amazon UK

this is an example

#3 Posted: 12/10/2009 - 06:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.