Travel technology forum

Blog page

• EmilAndersen

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2009

Hi,
    Im travelling to Southeastasia in a week.

I want to make a blog/site where my friends and family can see whats going on.

Can you guys/girls suggest some sites?

-From Emil Thanks

#1 Posted: 24/2/2010 - 05:39

• Advertisement

• jack2408

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2010

hi buddy. i recently set up a page with google's blogger which is cool. you can edit the whole page. i would show you mine but i dont know whether i can post it here. gd luck checking it out

#2 Posted: 24/2/2010 - 08:01

• EmilAndersen

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2009

Cant seem to figure out how to post pictures in the posts.

#3 Posted: 25/2/2010 - 04:42

• KirstyB

Click here to learn more about KirstyB
    Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 7
    Places visited:
    At least 215

I use www.getjealous.com which is worth taking a look at - it's easy to add diary entries and photo's and you can plot your route on your map in advance if you want to. You can also link it to Facebook so your diary entries appear as an update thus killing two birds with one stone!

#4 Posted: 25/2/2010 - 09:15

• krisited

Joined Travelfish
    23rd November, 2009

you can use blogger or set up a wordpress acocunt..or if you want more than just a blog you can use multiply.com. I used these 3 services for my personal accounts and I enjoy customizing them into whatever mood I am at.

#5 Posted: 23/3/2010 - 18:22

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I used www.travelpod.com.

I found it very easy to use, and they have a photo upload facility and a mapping utility so that your readers can see where you are.

If you plan on uploading photos, Travelpod works best if you carry your own netbook/laptop. This is because to upload a bunch of photos in a batch, you need to install a small Jave app which speeds up the process. If you try to load photos at an internet cafe and they don't have the app already loaded (unlikely), then you have to manually select each photo to upload, one at a time. It's OK if you're only loading a few pics, but a pain if you're loading more than 5.

Other than that, I found it a great place to blog.

I often wrote offline, selected and resized my photos so that everything was ready to go when I next connected. I cut and pasted my blog entry, then loaded the photos.

Tra

#6 Posted: 23/3/2010 - 18:40

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Ignore that last unfinished sentence above!

The other thing I meant to say, however, is that whichever blog tool you use, have a good play with it first before you leave home. You don't want to be trying to work out how to drive it when you are paying for internet time!

#7 Posted: 23/3/2010 - 18:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.