admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

About a week ago I received a very nice email from a couple of travelfishers who had just finished their trip in the region. It read in part:

"Myself and my girlfriend have recently returned from a 4 month trip around Thailand, Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia. We just wanted to thank your team for all the great advice and information - it's been our bible during our trip!

I have made a three part video of the trip which you may want to post somewhere on your website.

Go to http://www.vimeo.com/greenbag to watch the videos."

It really makes our day when we get emails like this, but what made our day even more were the videos themselves. They're exceptional.

So, we thought why not start a dedicated bit of the forum for showcasing various travel videos we find, and there's no better vids to start with than these three.

At the moment the forum software doesn't allow direct embedding of the vids, but I can do it on the backend, so if you'd like to add a video, please post it in a new thread with a link to where the video is, and I'll embed it. Vimeo and Youtube can be embedded - not sure about other providers.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the new section and thanks again to Ro & Suz for the kind note and the great vids.

#1 Posted: 11/7/2010 - 05:41

• Advertisement

• vietnamandm-
    ore

Joined Travelfish
    4th August, 2010

Hi,

I am Joachim from Germany. I created a website with a numerous videos of the most common travel destinations of Vietnam. My website is a start up, unaffected of any travel agencies and a project of mine. The idea of the site is to make the planning of a Vietnam trip a bit easier and to get a feel of the vietnamese culture. Please check it out. I look forward to your suggestion and would be glad about your reference.

With best regards from Munich

Joachim
    (vietnamandmore.com)

#2 Posted: 5/8/2010 - 15:28

• StefanG

Joined Travelfish
    21st August, 2010

Awesome videos

I was wondering what kind of camera you were using and how you stored all the video you shot along the way? Did you carry your laptop?

#3 Posted: 21/8/2010 - 02:16

• vietnamandm-
    ore

Joined Travelfish
    4th August, 2010

Hi Stefan,

thankĀ“s, not a big thing, but cool that you enjoyed the videos. I use a Sony Z1 HDV and a consumer tripod, that is small enough to carry it around by motorbike. The videos are recorded on Mini DV tapes, so I can log them at home.

#4 Posted: 24/8/2010 - 16:32

• vietnamandm-
    ore

Joined Travelfish
    4th August, 2010

Hi Stefan,

may be you like a new video of mine, that shows various impressions of the north of Vietnam. Go to [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4dkmBdSYdu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4dkmBdSYdu and enjoy it.

#5 Posted: 24/8/2010 - 19:45

• vietnamandm-
    ore

Joined Travelfish
    4th August, 2010

Hi Stefan, there is a problem about the link right now. I made a new upload some minutes ago, so may be it needs some time to be published.

#6 Posted: 24/8/2010 - 19:56

• vietnamandm-
    ore

Joined Travelfish
    4th August, 2010

#7 Posted: 25/8/2010 - 15:16

• MyDestiny

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2010

@ somtam2000 Ro & Suz little green bag is wonderful!! If you go back and check out the 1/3 video at time 02:55 look to the right side in the video at the mountains shadow of a man with wild eye bows, a bit hairy nose, mustache & goatee with a bit of hair under his lower lip. Looks like someone I know .. really.

I know ... too much time on my hands, but you got to admit ... it's there.

#8 Posted: 12/11/2010 - 09:14

• akonsouth

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2011

oh nice it is good tto travel from one one place to another i like the country Thailand so much it is good to see the this country i love too visit that country can you help me there please..............

#9 Posted: 16/12/2011 - 06:27

• seokanika

Joined Travelfish
    26th December, 2011

Hi..
    i wanted upload a travel video related to Kerala honeymoon tours,but i think here is some problem in uploading and confirmation on published.if any idea please do let me know here.

#10 Posted: 26/12/2011 - 06:43

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Making Travel Videos! ... By LifeofPhilD on 31 Mar 2014 2 849 12 Aug 2014
New website with Vietnam travel videos online ... By JoachimS on 3 Jul 2011 1 2893 20 Jan 2012