Mucky Secrets - The Marine Creatures of the Lembeh Strait

• NickHope

Click here to learn more about NickHope
    Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2013
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 47

I have made a 90-minute documentary about the fascinating marine life of the Lembeh Strait, between North Sulawesi and Lembeh Island in Indonesia. This is a top "muck diving" destination, famed for it's amazing biodiversity and density of weird and wonderful critters in the muck. Enjoy!

Mucky Secrets - The Marine Creatures of the Lembeh Strait (video on YouTube)

#1 Posted: 2/9/2014 - 02:08

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

What a fantastic piece of work! Really informative documentary if you're interested in diving or snorkeling and the image quality and editing is superb (god I'm so jealous of your camera).

So happens I'm off to Sulawesi for a couple of months soon so thanks very much for posting this. I don't do much muck diving but I've seen quite a few of these strange critters even while snorkeling in Indonesia ... now I know what they are.

The fact you've put up an index is really useful. Videos are much better than trying to figure out what you've seen in a dog eared fish book. This video is also useful for recognizing some of the more dangerous species you can encounter in tropical waters ...hmm so that ugly looking warty fish with spines that we found just a couple of feet off the beach on one of the Togian islands once really was a deadly demon stinger!

#2 Posted: 2/9/2014 - 04:12

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I'm going to try to watch it later when I have decent internet (could be a year away ) Did it feature any terrifying nesting Titan Triggerfish? That one in Kanawa still gives me nightmares...!

#3 Posted: 6/9/2014 - 04:41

• NickHope

Click here to learn more about NickHope
    Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2013
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 47

Thanks very much for the replies.

SBE, have a great time in Sulawesi!

busylizzy, I hate them too. No titan triggerfish in this one but there is a sequence in this one of mine: Filefish & Triggerfishes - Reef Life of the Andaman - Part 12

#4 Posted: 7/9/2014 - 01:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.