Trip reports forum

Easy Rider heaven

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

i have been staying in Vietnam for the last 4 months and am about to start my next Easy Rider Tour and thought it was about time to talk about the first tour i did.
    after the hassle of tour operators and ride past motorbike tour operators i headed for mui ne hoping the stress of saigon would be left behind.
    i booked my bus ticket and hotel with sinh cafe which turned out great. the bus ride was safe and the hotel was great for the price.
    after arriving i decided it was time to eat and walked out of the hotel to find a nice clean restaurant. i had two choices. the first was a massive, although empty, place (which i later found did the best and cheapest seafood for dinner. the other was a small place called yellow bamboo cafe. what i liked about this place was that there was no one hawking out the front and there were signs offering free travel advice.
    i went in for lunch and asked the lady about local tours. she told me her husband was an 'Easy Rider' and woud be back soon to talk.
    at that stage i didn't know what an 'Easy Rider' was except for the posters hanging around the walls.
    'River' arrived about 15 minutes later riding a 'real' motorbike, and a big smile on his face.
    his first words were 'what do you think?' pointing at his bike.
    having ridden trail bikes in my youth we went into the ins and outs of motorbikes and scooters in Vietnam, how to ride safe and what to do locally.
    took his advice and had a great afternoon on a rented bike. the next day i went back to talk to River about 'Easy Rider'. having watched him ride on the mui ne roads and spoken to him (he has near perfect english) i signed up for his 2 day trip to dalat.
    i had a ball. i got to see what you don't see sitting (or sleeping) on a bus and River new a lot about the areas we went to. i was surprised how comfortable and safe i felt riding on the back of the bike and taking 2 days to get to dalat meant we were in no hurry.
    after spending a few days in dalat i realised how lucky i was to find River, many of the 'Easy Riders' in dalat had poorer english compared to River and some of them were quite pushy trying to sell trips.
    after travelling around for a while i have found myself back in mui ne and after visiting River and his restaurant again i am now preparing for a 6 day tour from dalat to hoian. this time i'm going to ride my own bike.

#1 Posted: 22/4/2010 - 09:38

• Advertisement

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

well i did the trip and have finally come back to earth!
    travelling with river was fantastic.
    in all there were 5 of us. river and mr binh (easy riders) 2 aussie chicks (from Hanoi) and myself. for me it was great being able to ride my own bike, but at times was a little jealous of the girls as they sat back and enjoyed the view.
    taking this second trip was the best thing i ever did. as a single traveller it gave me the opportunity to join on with others and also to see things i would have ridden straight past as a single rider.
    river and mr binh were great. in fact every morning mr binh and i wondered down the street to find a coffee shop for our morning 'caphe sua da' and a chat.
    what i found particularly great about river and his group was the personalised attention they gave. of course there was discussion about where we were and the significance of the place but they also talked with us as friends. something i noticed didn't reallyhappen with the other tours following the same path we took.
    the boys also made sure 1 of them was with us as we went to look at different sites. one spot we stopped at was a waterfall at 'gia falls'. river and mr binh came with us. at different times each one came and swam with us as the other prepared a fantastic picnic of bbq chicken and salad. many other easy rider tourists came past us as we ate. none had the tour guide with them. one lonely girl was offered some chicken and a chance to sit and talk with us - a very touching and heart warming experience.
    there are many easy riders out there, i guess what you have to do is visit their websites, review testimonials on travel fish and talk directly to them. at all times i have found river to be professional and personal in his approach.
    river's website is www.vietameasyrider.com . he operates out of mui ne but can pick up a tour from anywhere in vietnam.
    i hope you have the opportunity to experience river's hospiality just as i did.
    Ride Easy!

#2 Posted: 26/5/2010 - 13:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Easy Rider in Vietnam; which company is best?? ... By monkey123 on 26 Jan 2013 2 1767 9 Jul 2013
Easy Rider recommendation for Nha Trang! ... By kartoscha on 20 Dec 2011 0 2059 20 Dec 2011
Dalat travel buddy wanted - maybe easy rider tour? ... By themildcat on 26 Apr 2010 1 2351 2 May 2010
Vietnam Jul-Aug'10: solo traveller looking for companion on a Dalat Easy Rider tour ... By mandarc on 14 Jul 2010 0 1533 14 Jul 2010