Photo: Fisherman returning to Ko Tarutao.

Trip reports forum

BOOKING, PLANNING AND ALL THAT HASSLE... HELP

Posted by louisb1991 on 10/10/2010 at 21:44

A friend an I are hoping to travel for 2 months summer 2011. We like the 4 country route planned on travelfish but are just looking for any extra tips, useful information, visa info etc to help us out. Do we just get a flight and a return flight an go with the flow when we are there? Is it hard to find hostels? Anything that can help will be much appreciated

#1 louisb1991 has been a member since 10/10/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 1

Posted by busylizzy on 11/10/2010 at 02:22

Hi Louis.... that is a very big, open-ended question - and it's difficult to answer without knowing what kind of trip you are looking for. Think about what you want out of your trip, and what sort of things you want to see, and why. Is it:
- beaches?
- history?
- culture?
- food?
- trekking?
- national parks?

There is a wealth of information o this site. I would suggest that you spend a bit of time trawling through the forums to start getting an understanding of the basics and to help you sketch out a rough plan of where you think you might like to go. Then we can start to help you with some more specifics.

No - it's generally not hard to find hostels and places to stay. At peak times in popular areas you may not always get your first choice thought.

Do we just get a flight and a return flight an go with the flow when we are there? Many people do that, and there is no reason why you can't. But again, it depends on where you plan to go specifically. I would suggest that you have a sketched out plan of where you generally want to go. Your plans will change a hundred times while you are planning, and will probably continue to change while on the road. Aim for flexibility to get the most from your trip.

There is a wealth of info about visas although that's probably not what you need to worry about at this stage.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by Stanko00 on 16/11/2010 at 19:20

Forum is very much attractinve and the design and layout of the forum is also up to the mark.

#3 Stanko00 has been a member since 15/11/2010. Posts: 2

Posted by christay2009 on 17/11/2010 at 05:13

"There is a wealth of information o this site. I would suggest that you spend a bit of time trawling through the forums to start getting an understanding of the basics and to help you sketch out a rough plan of where you think you might like to go"

Spot on!

#4 christay2009 has been a member since 8/2/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 414

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.