Photo: Fisherman returning to Ko Tarutao.

Trip reports forum

Our 4 month SEA Itinerary

Posted by thatvaletguy on 29/11/2010 at 10:46

Hello fellow Travelfishers,
My brother and I are gearing close to the trip of a lifetime and we would be very thankful for some expert advice from some experienced travelers. Here is our rough itinerary:

Four countries: Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia (In the order)

Jan. 10th - April 25th

$4,500 each

Thailand:
Bangkok - 2 weeks
Pattaya - 2 weeks

Chiang Mai - 4 days

Laos:
2 weeks
Luang Prabang, Vieng Vang, Vientiene

Vietnam:
Hanoi/Halong Bay - 2 weeks
Ho Chi Minh City - 2 weeks

Cambodia:
Phnom Penh - 3 days
Ankor Wat - 4 days

Thai Islands:
(Flying from Bangkok ---> Ko Samui)

Ko Samui - 1 week
Ko Pha Nang - 1 week
Ko Tao - 1 week

106 days total, two days for flying and 2 days are left over. These plans aren't set in stone and we understand that traveling from country to country will take time, so these plans are flexible. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

#1 thatvaletguy has been a member since 25/10/2010. Posts: 14

Posted by Bluefrog on 9/1/2011 at 05:22

Two weeks in Pattaya? From everything I have heard that place is a hell hole that should be avoided. Would be much better to spend your time elsewhere. I mean spending the same amount of time in Pattaya as the whole of laos is crazy!

If I were you I would cut Pattaya out, and only spend a few days in Ho Chi Minh, add those two weeks to time in Laos.
Hope you have fun!

#2 Bluefrog has been a member since 5/1/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.