Photo: Fisherman returning to Ko Tarutao.

Trip reports forum

itinerary help, Chiang Mai

Posted by 3488 on 8/11/2011 at 12:10

HI,
I am going to Chiang Mai on Dec 15(for 2 weeks, solo), going to spend in the city for few days and then planing on trekking the hills tribes. Any idea where I can stay for couple days in the city then find an agent for the treks. Thanks for the info.
If you have any info on how to travel to the hill tribes without the agent, that will be great.

#1 3488 has been a member since 14/10/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by whardy on 23/11/2011 at 00:48

If you'd like to keep it cheap, I always recommend A Little Bird Guesthouse. Lots of travelers, and cheap 100b/night. To get to the hill tribes without a guide, get out and explore on your own. Buy a map(GT rider I believe is this best?), rent a bike, and head out. One great area for independent trekking is Pang Mapha, or some people call it Soppong. There is a guesthouse there called Cave Lodge that has some very good maps for self-exploration. I recommend it highly. If you'd like to go with a guide, I recommend Pooh eco-trekking. They take you to very remote places. Good luck!

#2 whardy has been a member since 14/11/2011. Posts: 66

Posted by inspiredbykrissi on 24/12/2011 at 23:09

Hope you found a place and you're having a good christmas! I would also recommend A Little Bird guest house.. cheap and a good social atmosphere

Happy holidays :)

#3 inspiredbykrissi has been a member since 9/12/2011. Posts: 68
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.