Trip reports forum

itinerary help, Chiang Mai

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2011

HI,
    I am going to Chiang Mai on Dec 15(for 2 weeks, solo), going to spend in the city for few days and then planing on trekking the hills tribes. Any idea where I can stay for couple days in the city then find an agent for the treks. Thanks for the info.
    If you have any info on how to travel to the hill tribes without the agent, that will be great.

#1 Posted: 8/11/2011 - 12:10

• Advertisement

• whardy

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011

If you'd like to keep it cheap, I always recommend A Little Bird Guesthouse. Lots of travelers, and cheap 100b/night. To get to the hill tribes without a guide, get out and explore on your own. Buy a map(GT rider I believe is this best?), rent a bike, and head out. One great area for independent trekking is Pang Mapha, or some people call it Soppong. There is a guesthouse there called Cave Lodge that has some very good maps for self-exploration. I recommend it highly. If you'd like to go with a guide, I recommend Pooh eco-trekking. They take you to very remote places. Good luck!

#2 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 00:48

• inspiredbyk-
    rissi

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2011

Hope you found a place and you're having a good christmas! I would also recommend A Little Bird guest house.. cheap and a good social atmosphere

Happy holidays :)

#3 Posted: 24/12/2011 - 23:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.