Trip reports forum

32 Day Trip

• simonbright-
    on

Joined Travelfish
    26th November, 2007

Hi, hopefully someone can help me out..

I plan to fly into Singapore and then head to Kuala Lumpur heading north still I plan to visit Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam and then return to Singapore to catch my flight back home... I've got 30 days in total of travel when I arrive in Singapore - can someone suggest a detailed itinerary which is rather varied but hits the main sites...

I've been to Thailand before but only to Bangkok and Phuket...

I need a Visa for Vietnam - which I have to collect next week but for Laos and Cambodia I still need to get - am I correct in saying I can obtain a Visa for Laos in Bangkok or can you get this at the border ?

(I was hoping to get a E-Visa for Cambodia) but I noticed there are rules on entry/exit so it would be useful if anyone can identify an itinerary which takes that into consideration.

Thanks I really appreciate this so much!

#1 Posted: 1/12/2007 - 03:13

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Simon,

A good place to start would be the Suggested Itineraries - there's lots of info in there including estimated times betweens destinations etc -- should be handy in figuring out what you can and cannot fit in.

Visas for both Laos and Cambodia you can get on arrival at the border, or beforehand at their respective embassies in Bangkok.

#2 Posted: 1/12/2007 - 13:58

• simonbright-
    on

Joined Travelfish
    26th November, 2007

Hi I'm in Chiang Mai and have an E-Visa for Cambodia and my viesa for Vietnam and Laos. I intially wanted to travel from Chiang Mai into Laos and onto Cambodia travelling down the Mekong River as part of the journey, I've heard though I cannot use the e-Visa to enter Cambodia and also visa on arrival is not available. Can anyone help me with advise here. Otherwise would it be wise to travel from Laos to Vietnam and then goto Cambodia last using an e-visa channel...

#3 Posted: 22/12/2007 - 13:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.