Trip reports forum

Hiring a driver in BKK

• hannesnaomi

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2008

Hi there,
    Have heard mixed reviews on this topic. Wondering if it is worth it to hire a driver for a day of sightseeing in BKK. Will be there over Easter Weekend if that makes a difference. Advice please?

#1 Posted: 15/2/2008 - 04:45

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi Hannesnaomi,

Do you have an idea yet of the places you plan to visit during that day of sightseeing in Bangkok? I ask because many of the most popular tourist spots, including some of the temples you've asked about in other threads, are centrally located in the Sanam Luang/Rattanakosin Island area (and not at all far from the Khao San Road area), meaning that you could likely walk from place to place if the weather wasn't too brutally hot that day. Otherwise, it should be a short cab ride (or a short bus ride if you care to brave the system) from place to place. I'd think that taking taxis and buses on that day would be more flexible, convenient, and far less expensive than hiring a driver for the day.

I'm not sure being Easter weekend or not will make a difference at all, unless that happens to coincide with a local Thai holiday. Hope that helps. Cheers.

#2 Posted: 15/2/2008 - 07:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hiring motorbikewith a driver-How much is it per day? ... By suswati37 on 9 Dec 2009 0 1043 9 Dec 2009
Hiring Driver, Van and renting bike ... By pyratman on 31 Oct 2011 1 1890 2 Nov 2011
hiring a driver for travel between Chiang Mai and Soppong ... By mrig on 7 Dec 2006 1 2463 7 Dec 2006