Trip reports forum

Two weeks in Laos

• Intrepid82

Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2009

I am planning two weeks in Laos in Nov/Dec 09. I will be going there after a visit to Cambodia.

I would like to see North AND south but am not sure if it will be possible to squeeze everything in. I dont want to be rushed, and I definitely want to leave enough time for Luang Prabang (at LEAST 5 days I am thinking).

Can anyone offer advice on a suggested itinerary? I would like to do a bit of trekking & possibly kayaking, visit some small villages and less touristy places, soak up some beautiful scenery, see some markets and experience as much of the Lao culture as possible while ALSO having a relaxing and recharging holiday.

Am I dreaming?!

#1 Posted: 23/4/2009 - 06:16

• Advertisement

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

Where would you enter Laos from in Cambodoia? Better to fly in if you are short of time I would say - and also fly internally as the travel times are long by bus ... if you're set on 5 days in LP then it only leaves 9 days... could fly into Vientiane from Siem Reap, then to LP, then down to Pakse ... but you will be rushing i think

might be better to stick to the north? ... do some trekking around Oudomaxai and get away from the crowds there?

#2 Posted: 23/4/2009 - 15:21

• brucemoon

Click here to learn more about brucemoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Intrepid82

As I've already noted, you are planning too much!

Take a big step back, slow down the travel part of your journey and plan to 'smell the flowers'.

As already said, plan to visit just a few places, and enjoy what is on offer in and around those areas.

cheers

#3 Posted: 27/4/2009 - 18:17

• Intrepid82

Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2009

North it is :)

Thanks again brucemoon (and you too crispyrolls)

#4 Posted: 28/4/2009 - 05:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.