Photo: Fisherman returning to Ko Tarutao.

Trip reports forum

Two weeks in Laos

Posted by Intrepid82 on 23/4/2009 at 06:16

I am planning two weeks in Laos in Nov/Dec 09. I will be going there after a visit to Cambodia.

I would like to see North AND south but am not sure if it will be possible to squeeze everything in. I dont want to be rushed, and I definitely want to leave enough time for Luang Prabang (at LEAST 5 days I am thinking).

Can anyone offer advice on a suggested itinerary? I would like to do a bit of trekking & possibly kayaking, visit some small villages and less touristy places, soak up some beautiful scenery, see some markets and experience as much of the Lao culture as possible while ALSO having a relaxing and recharging holiday.

Am I dreaming?!

#1 Intrepid82 has been a member since 21/4/2009. Posts: 33

Posted by chrispyrolls on 23/4/2009 at 15:21

Where would you enter Laos from in Cambodoia? Better to fly in if you are short of time I would say - and also fly internally as the travel times are long by bus ... if you're set on 5 days in LP then it only leaves 9 days... could fly into Vientiane from Siem Reap, then to LP, then down to Pakse ... but you will be rushing i think

might be better to stick to the north? ... do some trekking around Oudomaxai and get away from the crowds there?

#2 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by brucemoon on 27/4/2009 at 18:17

Intrepid82

As I've already noted, you are planning too much!

Take a big step back, slow down the travel part of your journey and plan to 'smell the flowers'.

As already said, plan to visit just a few places, and enjoy what is on offer in and around those areas.

cheers

#3 brucemoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by Intrepid82 on 28/4/2009 at 05:27

North it is :)

Thanks again brucemoon (and you too crispyrolls)

#4 Intrepid82 has been a member since 21/4/2009. Posts: 33

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.