Trip reports forum

Would like to do something special for my gf on her bday

• ctam2009

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2009

Hey!
    I'll be in South East Asia with my gf from early September until Mid December, when we return home. I'd like to do something really nice for her/ take her somewhere really nice mid October, as it's her bday. We're starting in Thailand, but plan to travel North to Laos first. Tough to say where we'll be early to mid October, that's why I need your help. Can anyone PLEASE suggest something that she might love?! Budgets not a huge concern, but not looking to spend the whole budget ;) thanks in advance if any one has anything at all they can suggest!

#1 Posted: 16/7/2009 - 13:12

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

ctam
    I suggest you look at Bruces travel report. He was in Chiang Mai at some beautiful falls... very romantic setting or so it appeared (ask Bruce). Buy her something nice, take her to those falls, give her her present, ask her to marry you... OK I'm getting carried away. But you got the idea.

#2 Posted: 16/7/2009 - 13:16

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

ctam2009

The first things that came to mind were "what are some amazing places / activities / etc. that might fit .

Then I thought Hey, you're probably twice or three times his age, haven't you learnt anything about women by now!!!.

meaning... taking a loved one to some fancy place, or on some fancy journey, that YOU think is OK, isn't what sends her heart strings aflutter.

Yes, you could go to a nice island in the Gulf of Thailand. Or, you could go do the Gibbon Experience. Or, or, or...

Personally, I'd suggest that as you don't know where you'll be, or what you may or may not be doing, then go to the basics.

If, for example, you are near (say) Luang Prabang . Then get yourself to Luang Prabang a day or so before. Go find a really nice restaurant (and there are a few in LP), book a table and tell the chief of staff when you book that it is her birthday and you want a romantic setting, etc.

Nice restaurant, romantic setting, bottle of wine, she orders for both of you, and orders what she'd like.....

And, in doing this, I suggest you'll just make her feel the most special person in the world.

That, I suggest would impress her, and make remember the birthday (and the person she was with) for years to come.

The key here is not to necessarily be in any particular place. Rather, that wherever you find yourself, DO go to a good restaurant and wise up the staff (not just the booking clerk, but the head chef, or head waiter, to your expectations and seek their support.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 17/7/2009 - 19:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
A special place to buy special gifts & home decors from Vietnam ... By tdboutique on 5 Jul 2012 0 1177 5 Jul 2012