Photo: Fisherman returning to Ko Tarutao.

Trip reports forum

Leaving tonight - Vietnam - Laos - Cambodia

Posted by angfonz on 21/8/2009 at 10:02

Its going to be fun - and hopefully not too rainy.

I'll make a long post about it once I'm home - but it might be of use noting that I will be tracking the entire trip via GPS. I'll log gp coords for many of the things to do and see that we encounter.

I'll also be staying in many of the guesthouses recommended here on TF, so I'll log geoposition coordinates for those and any others I stumble past.

Hopefully that information will be useful to Somtam - A lot more people are using GPS these days, and I know that I would have loved to have this sort of information when I was planning my trip. There are pretty simple web apps that allow you to tie geopositions into google earth. So, instead of a rudimentary map, a user could simply click the coors and see the exact location of their guesthouse =)

Anyway, just some thoughts / procrastination while packing up!

Have fun.
Elliott

#1 angfonz has been a member since 7/7/2009. Posts: 36

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/8/2009 at 10:10 admin

Hi Elliott,
that would be fantabulous -- I'm slowly integrating Google Maps into the site, you can see the interactive maps for Phnom Penh or Melaka as examples of some of the stuff we're doing -- but a bucket load of geo-coordinated would be most welcome!

I'll drop you an email separately with my contact details.

Have fun!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.