Trip reports forum

Leaving tonight - Vietnam - Laos - Cambodia

• angfonz

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2009

Its going to be fun - and hopefully not too rainy.

I'll make a long post about it once I'm home - but it might be of use noting that I will be tracking the entire trip via GPS. I'll log gp coords for many of the things to do and see that we encounter.

I'll also be staying in many of the guesthouses recommended here on TF, so I'll log geoposition coordinates for those and any others I stumble past.

Hopefully that information will be useful to Somtam - A lot more people are using GPS these days, and I know that I would have loved to have this sort of information when I was planning my trip. There are pretty simple web apps that allow you to tie geopositions into google earth. So, instead of a rudimentary map, a user could simply click the coors and see the exact location of their guesthouse =)

Anyway, just some thoughts / procrastination while packing up!

Have fun.
    Elliott

#1 Posted: 21/8/2009 - 10:02

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Elliott,
    that would be fantabulous -- I'm slowly integrating Google Maps into the site, you can see the interactive maps for Phnom Penh or Melaka as examples of some of the stuff we're doing -- but a bucket load of geo-coordinated would be most welcome!

I'll drop you an email separately with my contact details.

Have fun!

#2 Posted: 21/8/2009 - 10:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.