Trip reports forum

First trip to Thailand report

• Geezy

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2009

OK, i arrived in Thailand 2 days ago. I am 28 and have never been away on my own before. I had arranged accomodation in Th Koh San in the Sawadee Bangkok in. I thought i would be ready for Thailand but after over 30 hours awake and jet lagged, my driver dropped my off at the end of Th Koh San and i had to find my hotel myself. This place absolutely blew my mind! Anyway, i feel i am ready to move on from here because i have seen quite a bit in the last 2 days, i am all 'templed out' and staying in this area is starting to annoy me. "tuk tuk, special massage, buy a suit??" I have booked my train ticket and am heading to Surt Thani and then getting the boat to Samui them Paghnan.
    It is an experience everyday here and i am being forced out of my comfort zone. Theres nothing like solo travel to give you a glimpse of who you really are!

Geezy

#1 Posted: 26/8/2009 - 19:23

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Did you manage to get your Chi realigned OK?

#2 Posted: 26/8/2009 - 19:55

• wanderingwa-
    lters

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

hows travelling along going?

I'm heading there in about 2 and half months and i'm not worried too much at the moment but i know i will be.

Cheers
    wanderingwalters

#3 Posted: 26/8/2009 - 22:11

• ariesdude82

Joined Travelfish
    17th August, 2009

Geezy tell us which hotel's or hostels you stayed in and give it a 1-10 rating oh and the weather too.

Thanks

wanderingwalters are you going in oct? if so thats when i'm going. perhaps we can meet up and help each other out. I'll be there on the 16th. Doesnt sound like i want to stay in bangkok too long from Geezy's description.

#4 Posted: 27/8/2009 - 01:05

• Geezy

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2009

Hi Guys,

Just landed in Koh Samui after a great 15 hour train ride, bus journey and an amazing boat trip from Surat Thani. Some stunning views to be seen from the boat.

@ariesdude82, i might have made Bangkok to sound bad when i didnt mean to. I have never been anywhere like this before and it was quite a shock for me. The place is amazing its just that i was ready to leave the city after a few days. I prefer beaches anyway. If i could choose again i would book a hotel away from Th Koh San but in walking distance. I was right in the thick of it. I would give my hotel 5/10. Travelling alone is quality, lonely at times and very challenging. I am enjoying kicking back on he islands at the moment. Its harder to deflect things like suit makers and 'Thai Girls' when your alone but you certainly learn a lot about yourself in a short time!

@sbe - i managed to get my Chi alligned thank you. I am getting it reallined again tomorrow :-)

Peace out brothers

#5 Posted: 28/8/2009 - 20:43

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

"Its harder to deflect things like suit makers and 'Thai Girls' when your alone but you certainly learn a lot about yourself in a short time!"

If you think you learn a lot during short time, try long time!

I don't try to deflect the girls or suit makers, try playing with it. It can be a lot of fun.

#6 Posted: 31/8/2009 - 23:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thailand Trip Report ... By themissadventurejournals on 27 Jan 2011 8 6504 24 Feb 2014
Thailand with baby - trip report ... By mikefly on 16 Feb 2014 2 378 16 Feb 2014
Laos/Thailand Trip Report and Thanks ... By hannahcurtis75 on 6 Apr 2010 3 2723 15 Apr 2010
Laos and Northeast Thailand trip report oct-nov 2006 ... By babytraveler on 15 Nov 2006 3 3133 17 Nov 2006
3 Months Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam & Loas Trip Report ... By miranda456 on 17 Apr 2007 15 12021 23 Sep 2010
Lake Safari from Bangkok, a new and unique experience in Thailand. Trip report ... By jonasnilsson888 on 1 Dec 2009 1 3435 1 Dec 2009