Trip reports forum

Losing my appendix in Ko Samui

• Jleef

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

A little different from your usual travel trip, even from those I've already posted myself, but hopefully some will find it of some value or entertainment =)

http://jleef.co.uk/2010/02/fleshwound/

Any advice afterwards is of course most welcome!

#1 Posted: 11/2/2010 - 20:02

• Advertisement

• candyman

Joined Travelfish
    20th October, 2009

So I've read a couple of your blog entries and enjoyed them--also makes me want to get back to South East Asia. Anyways, did you have travelers insurance that covered everything? Or was it one of those things that are covered being from the UK? Us from the US aren't so fortunate. . . and won't be for the foreseeable future.

#2 Posted: 12/2/2010 - 06:15

• Jleef

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

UK medical cover means nothing out here. I have a bit of protection on my travel possessions from my house insurance but even so I made sure I got the best travel insurance I could before I set out - even paying extra for the medical excess waiver, so I'm fully covered. I wouldn't have it any other way, even more so now that this has happened!

I doubt there are many who would even consider travelling without insurance but if you're thinking about it, for heavens sake read my story and reconsider =)

#3 Posted: 12/2/2010 - 13:20

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

I'm curious as to what your hospital stay cost and what did your insurance cost. I one of those that travel without insurance. LOL

#4 Posted: 12/2/2010 - 15:04

• Jleef

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

I think my medical insurance cost around 230GBP for 6 months - I could be wrong. My insurance provider is covering this particular claim for a fee of up to 300,000 baht. If want to travel without insurance then that's a decision only you can make but personally, I couldn't be happier I went for the highest cover possible!

#5 Posted: 13/2/2010 - 15:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.