Trip reports forum

Question's for Anyone that has been to Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, or Vietnam?? PLZ HELP!

• erikmaez

Joined Travelfish
    5th November, 2009

I will be leaving June 8th, 2010 to visit Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam... In that order... We will be there for 7weeks and 2 days. Feel Free to answer any or all of my random questions!!

Q#1. We will be there during the world cup... Besides the big cities what chance do you think I have of finding a place to watch any world cup games in any of the 4 coutries?

Q#2. This is my first big trip like this... Anything you brought or wish you would have brought that a person wouldn't usually think to bring?

Q#3. For vietnam only... How did you aquire a visa?? Before you left or Visa on arrival??

Q#4. A fun one... What was your favorite place in any of the countries???

Q#5. Last one... Did you get any shots/ vaccinations before you left??

Thanks you sooo much!!
    -Travel on my friends

#1 Posted: 12/2/2010 - 04:21

• Advertisement

• rolinstone

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

1. Finding a place to watch games should not be a problem anywhere as football is the sport here.
    2. Travel light-clothes are cheap and you can use the extra space to take home gifts. Any personal items you are particular about may be difficult to locate.
    3. You can now do visa on arrival at the airport but expect a delay.
    4. Check out Phu Quoc Island and Nha Trang in VN, also Can Tho.
    5. Shots not absolutely necessary but you may want to get hepatitis A-B + bring a strong, wide-spectrum anti-biotic.

#2 Posted: 12/2/2010 - 08:24

• rolinstone

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

1. Finding a place to watch games should not be a problem anywhere as football is the sport here.
    2. Travel light-clothes are cheap and you can use the extra space to take home gifts. Any personal items you are particular about may be difficult to locate.
    3. You can now do visa on arrival at the airport but expect a delay.
    4. Check out Phu Quoc Island and Nha Trang in VN, also Can Tho.
    5. Shots not absolutely necessary but you may want to get hepatitis A-B + bring a strong, wide-spectrum anti-biotic.

#3 Posted: 12/2/2010 - 08:24

• hotchily

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2009

1. Agree - finding a place to watch the footy should be no problem. TV's almost everywhere and it certainly is the sport in all the countries.
    2. If you drink wine, then a corkscrew, as Laos and Vietnam have a good wine selection. Vietnam - Vang dalat, Laos - Australian/French. Stubby holder if you don't drink your beer fast enough. Don't bother about a mozzy net - you don't need it as most have them
    3. I had one prior to travel, although you can get one at most border crossings with a wait.
    4. Thailand (north) loved Chiang Rai. Laos - Luang Prabang, Bolaven Plateau and surrounds, Oh and yes Vang Vieng. Cambodia - all of it. Vietnam - Nha Trang, Mekong, Sapa & Halong Bay.
    5. Yep - better safe than sorry

Have a fun trip

#4 Posted: 18/2/2010 - 07:59

• cdnexplorer

Joined Travelfish
    19th August, 2009

1) I was there during the Euro Cup and games were widely available. Great atmosphere.
    2) A netbook.
    4) Railay
    5) Typhoid and Hep A. This time around I plan on getting some additional vaccinations while in SEA.

#5 Posted: 18/2/2010 - 08:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Laos - Cambodia vs. Laos - Thailand - Cambodia & loas border question ... By zachmoore on 16 Dec 2007 1 5936 17 Dec 2007
27 y/o female heading from Northern Thailand thru Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Southern Thailand ... By starseed on 4 Mar 2011 10 3331 25 Apr 2011
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and back to Thailand - Good Plan? ... By PeterJW on 25 Sep 2011 3 3092 27 Sep 2011
23yo male, frm uk, 3months travelling Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand.. Jan2011 ... By benrob87 on 6 Oct 2010 4 2903 11 Dec 2010
Travel buddies wanted SE Asia (Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand) 22nd Nov - 1st Feb ... By LottieJ on 14 Nov 2012 0 1186 14 Nov 2012
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and back to Thailand ... By JamesHamblin on 8 Apr 2009 8 6553 11 Apr 2009