Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

one way motorbike hire, hoi an to hue!

• laallee

Joined Travelfish
    27th April, 2009

hope someone can help me out, im looking to hire a motorbike and go over the hai van pass from hoi an to hue, i will need a company that will pick the bike up from hue as we will be moving on to HCMC. has anyone tried this type of thing and has a company i can contact please.
    laallee

#1 Posted: 28/3/2010 - 16:33

• Advertisement

• roynolan

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

We did this trip in January this year and we had trouble finding a one way rental, especially as they keep passports.
    We flew into Danang and wanted to rent 2 bikes for 6 days to go over the Hai Van pass to Hue and stay in Hue for a few days.
    We had a booking in a hotel in Hoi an so we went there and they rented us 2 bikes for $5 per day and as we had a booking when we returned they only kept one passport as we needed the other for booking rooms in Hue. So we ended up riding both ways, which I am very glad we did, There are some great places to stop along the way.
    If you want to know a cheap taxi driver from Danang to Hoi An or any other info about the trip just ask

#2 Posted: 28/3/2010 - 21:18

• laallee

Joined Travelfish
    27th April, 2009

thats good news thanks, id prefer the one way route but if need be we will do a return,
    how many hours did the ride take?
    thank
    laallee

#3 Posted: 29/3/2010 - 02:43

• roynolan

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

i can't actually remember how long the journey took, we left from hoi an about 11am and got to hue about 5 or 6 hours later, we did stop a few times and the ride from danang to the hai van pass is the best bit, from the other side of the pass to hue is the longest and worst bit of the trip, seems to go on for ages, but it's ok. On the way back it is a great stop at Elephant Stream for a swim, and it breaks up the journey.

#4 Posted: 31/3/2010 - 00:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
One way motorbike hire ... By sacott on 13 Jun 2009 5 3702 14 Jun 2009
Motorbike Hire in Vietnam ... By trobs on 1 Feb 2011 5 3081 8 Feb 2011
Hire motorbike and return elsewere ... By momo on 5 Dec 2006 2 2721 6 Dec 2006
Hotels in Luang Prabang and Motorbike Hire ... By ron67 on 30 Dec 2008 12 6333 17 Feb 2009