Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Arrive in Dong Hoi at 1 PM, any advice to plan a trip?

• Parinya

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2010

I plan to fly from HCMC to Dong Hoi . I want to visit Phong Nha and Tien Son (dry) cave. After the cave I want to go to Hue and Hoi An, Nha Trang all the way down to HCMC. I also want to visit Vinh Moc Tunnels and the Ben Hai River bridge and monument.

What should I do? The plane will arrive in Dong Hoi at 1 PM. I've got to check in the hotel and ready to travel around 2 PM (hopefully). It seems like I won't have time to go to the cave until next day.

1. Is it possilbe to rent a car to the tunnel and monument that afternoon instead and back to Dong Hoi? How long does it take? and how much does it cost? Is it easy to find English speaking guide?

2. Is it better to fly to Hue instead and buy a 2day/1night tour to visit all there?

#1 Posted: 7/4/2010 - 23:35

• Advertisement

• babara

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi parinya,

That's right it's better you to fly from Ho Chi Minh city to Hue . Because The flights from Hue to ho Chi Minh is always available. Also it's easier to arrange services from Hue to Ho Chi Minh.

#2 Posted: 8/4/2010 - 08:55

• stillgoing

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2010

Hi all,
    1. You 'd better visit the tunnels and monument in the same day as they located around the town. You should arrange the transport with the Hotel. Leave the Cave in the next day (15km away), it will take more than half a day to visit.Very rare chance to find English guide in Dong Hoi.
    2. You can flight to Hue too, bc there are more tourist start from Hue, and you can join them. I could be cheaper for you too.

#3 Posted: 11/4/2010 - 12:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.