Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

DaLat to Pleiku

• UsTwo

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2010

Trying to locate the inland route using Google maps, but there appears to be a few "dead ends" along the way. Has anybody done this section? Thanks for any help.

#1 Posted: 22/4/2010 - 11:05

• Advertisement

• chickymonkey

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi there.
    Should check this website www.vietnam-easyriders.com they will provide you all you need when travelling to Vietnam
    Happy travels

#2 Posted: 24/4/2010 - 21:43

• UsTwo

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2010

Thanks, Chicky.
    Checked out that site, looks OK.
    UsTwo

#3 Posted: 25/4/2010 - 06:56

• Archmichael

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 2

Heads up, friends:

I just went to and got hit with a virus warning from my AVG program. Nothing against them, but take care anyway.

#4 Posted: 27/4/2010 - 11:03

• stillgoing

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2010

The road from Dalat to Pleiku is pretty good. And dont bother with google bc the map images of Vietnam are not very good - you may even find photos of halong bay purporting to be pleiku!. Get a decent map of Vietnam and do a bit of study. Hey dont be scared to get lost - thats half the fun!
    I motorbiked it through that area a few years ago when it was still part bitumen, part earth, making for much muddy riding...But nowadays the road is very accessible. From Dalat take road No 27 then No 14. You may stop in Buon Me Thuat for night stop. Nothing special, but is the only town with decent hotels.
    Good luck with your trip

#5 Posted: 27/4/2010 - 19:06

• UsTwo

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2010

Thanks, stillgoing.
    Exactly the info I was looking for. I was hoping to spend a night in Buon Me Thuat anyway, to get hold of some of that coffee I read so much about. Then on to Pleiku, Kon Tum, and staying on No 14 to Hoi An.
    You've just confirmed I can do it. Thanks.

#6 Posted: 27/4/2010 - 20:43

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

Posted from within Vietnam.

It's also quite accessible by bus. Even Mai Linh have buses there now and so you can be picked up from your hotel. It's about 4 hours from Dalat to BMT and another 4 from BMT to Pleiku . Strange as it is, I actually quite like Pleiku and found the people friendly and helpful.

#7 Posted: 28/4/2010 - 21:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.