Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Buying flights from Ho Chi Minh city to Thailand?

Posted by mrnice88 on 22/4/2010 at 17:05

Hello everyone

Im hoping to save a bit of time by maybe getting a flight from Ho Chi Minh city to Phukhet if it is possible. Ive had a search around and the flight are very expensive. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what would be the best way to get to Phukhet from Ho Chi Minh and maybe cut down on travel and time?
Any answers appreciated
Many Thanks
Danny

#1 mrnice88 has been a member since 21/4/2010. Posts: 16

Posted by travellingsarah on 22/4/2010 at 18:17 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

When are you flying and what do you class as expensive? I just did a quick search for a random date in May and it was coming in at less than $100 via Bangkok with AirAsia. As you're aware, going by land will be time consuming and probably won't cost you much less than $100 anyway.

#2 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 679
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by daawgon on 23/4/2010 at 02:33

Can you see the "Serene Dreams" ad on the left of this page - $52. for that route on Air Asia

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,083

Posted by mrnice88 on 23/4/2010 at 04:54

thanks for the reply guys.

sarah, im hoping to be flying around mid july. i was thinking of pre booking but then don't really want to be constricted by a time and a place as i imagine a lot of my plans will go straight out the window.so ive had a look around the time i want to go and flights are cheap enough for my liking.just hope they are still that price when im there.

daawagon, i had seen that a million times but instantly disregard advertisements on website for some reason, mostly because there are 9 times out of 10 bloody useless. however, ill thank you very much for pointing this one out!

both replies much appreciated

peace and cups of tea to you both

#4 mrnice88 has been a member since 21/4/2010. Posts: 16

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.