Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

2 Week Itinerary of Vietnam Top to Tail

• hanes

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2010

Hey guys, i'm planning to head down up to vietnam from singapore in january 2011 for around 10 days to 2 weeks with 3 other frends. Seen some great rough itineraries around the site such as this:
    http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/vietnam-hanoi-to-saigon
    Just want to get feedback on places to check out and miss.

So basically we wanna work our way down sticking somewhat closely to the itinerary. Was considering making a detour up to Sapa when in hanoi. And another one to the delta and phu quoc island when down in ho chi minh. Was wondering if phu quoc is worth the detour since i'm pretty sure of heading to nha trang and mui ne on the way down? Oh and is the delta worth a look as well?

Any feedback would be great, thanks guys. (:

#1 Posted: 28/4/2010 - 13:09

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi. You'll really struggle to fit in Sapa, the Delta and Phu Quoc in only 10 days to 2 weeks. The example itinerary you reference suggests that as a minimum without the side trips. If that's all the time you've got then you need to think about what you're most interested in e.g. beaches vs mountains and prioritise accordingly, otherwise you'll find you're constantly on the move. The Delta .... I'm torn. Yes, it's worth it as it's a different side of Vietnam, but then if you only do a day trip you'll just see the tourist spots anyway. I've not been to Phu Quoc yet so can't help there.

#2 Posted: 28/4/2010 - 13:36

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Hi. You'll really struggle to fit in Sapa, the Delta and Phu Quoc in only 10 days to 2 weeks. The example itinerary you reference suggests that as a minimum without the side trips. If that's all the time you've got then you need to think about what you're most interested in e.g. beaches vs mountains and prioritise accordingly, otherwise you'll find you're constantly on the move. The Delta .... I'm torn. Yes, it's worth it as it's a different side of Vietnam, but then if you only do a day trip you'll just see the tourist spots anyway. I've not been to Phu Quoc yet so can't help there.

#3 Posted: 28/4/2010 - 13:36

• LaureneCao

Joined Travelfish
    26th February, 2010

Hi there,
    I absolutely agree with Travellingsarah
    With your time limited, I think I should choose travel the North or South of Vietnam. So you have a lot of time to discover & join the local life.
    I suggest you 2 opinions :
    Opinion 1 : Travel the North & central region
    Hanoi : 2 days ( central & countryside such as : Duong Lam, Huong Pagoda,..)
    Halong Bay : 2- 3 days
    Sapa trekking : 3 - 4 days
    Hue & Hoi An : the rest of time (3 - 4 days)
    Opinion 2: Travel the Central & the South
    Fly into Vietnam in Danang International Airport
    Hoi An : 2 days
    Nha Trang : 3 days
    HCMC : 2 days
    Mekong Delat : 3 - 4 days
    Phu Quoc Island : the rest of time
    Besides, If you really want to travel all region of Vietnam. You can fly to major city and have a glimpse of Vietnam.
    Hanoi : 2 days
    Sapa : 3 days
    Hue : 2 day
    HCMC : 1 days
    Mekong Delta : 3 days
    Phu Quoc island: rest of time
    I've been Phu Quoc, It's wonderful island with fine beaches and clear blue sea. Best destinations for picnics, paddling, snorkeling or fishing.
    Hope information can help
    Van Cao
    Indochina Travel Service

#4 Posted: 3/5/2010 - 10:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vietnam - top to tail! ... By BTone on 22 Nov 2011 1 753 10 Dec 2011
3 week itinerary for Vietnam ... By LeyLaLaa on 25 Feb 2013 10 4642 14 Mar 2013