Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

New book just published 'Vietnam: rising dragon'

Posted by billhayton on 8/5/2010 at 07:57

Excuse the plug but Travelfish readers headed to Vietnam might be interested in my new book about the country.

It's called 'Vietnam: rising dragon' and it's the result of the year I spent reporting the country for the BBC plus a couple of years of further research.

It tries to answer most of the questions I had about the country - what's driving the changes in daily life? who runs Vietnam and how? how is the environment coping with economic development etc etc.

You can find it in English-language bookshops in SE Asia and in the usual places like Amazon and Borders plus good smaller shops.

I've got a Facebook page for the book at:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Vietnam-rising-dragon/163812025069?ref=ts

It's had some good reviews so far (in the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Irish Times etc) Hope you like it too.

Bill

#1 billhayton has been a member since 8/5/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by daawgon on 8/5/2010 at 11:27

Thanks Bill, I just reserved it at my public library

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,093

Posted by HuyAnh on 8/5/2010 at 16:45

Posted from within Vietnam.

I 've read it. I really appreciate your insights about Vietnam today. It's nice to have this book translated to Vietnamese.

#3 HuyAnh has been a member since 8/5/2010. Posts: 4
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.