Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

sapa and fansipan

• genne

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2010

hi there!

i'll be arriving in hanoi in a week's time and am hoping to go sapa and fansipan.

i've checked out tour packages online and they are rather steep. i understand planning the trip on your own is much cheaper. am jus concerned that i might not be able to get the train tickets when i reach there.

i'm arriving tuesday and hope to board the evening train from hanoi to lao cai. do their tickets sell out very fast?

also will it be possible to get a guide to fansipan from sapa itself?

oh yes are payments made in dong or USD? am wondering which currency i should bring...

thanks guys!

gen:)

#1 Posted: 10/5/2010 - 12:11

• Advertisement

• jasinorbit

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

HI,

They will accept either currency, we used mainly Dong. Take plenty with you to Sapa - I was unable to use my particular cards in the Sapa ATMS (I neede ones with the cirrus logo - but most people had no dramas). Getting a guide from Sapa should be easy. Train tickets should be fine - but cant tell you fr certain as we booked ours 2 days early.

#2 Posted: 10/5/2010 - 14:21

• genne

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2010

alright thanks!!

would anyone know roughly how much will a 4D/3N trek to fansipan cost?

#3 Posted: 14/5/2010 - 12:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Fansipan View - a new mini hotel in Sapa ... By hotelfansipanview on 13 Jun 2009 0 2308 13 Jun 2009
Sapa: Trekking and homestay or climb mt Fansipan? (or both?) ... By mmoody on 7 Dec 2013 9 2194 15 Jan 2014