Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Visa-Vietnam.org

• Vxh

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2010

Are these guys reliable? any one ever use their services for VOA before?

#1 Posted: 16/5/2010 - 11:29

• Advertisement

• rawjer

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010
    Total reviews: 9

Posted from within Vietnam.

I used myvietnamvisa.com a few months ago and it went smoothly, except that my first (US) credit card attempt gave me a fraud warning, which I think is common for initial Vietnam transactions. The process is a bit weird (mostly the paperwork you receive by email), but it seems that most or all of the stories from those who've tried it on every site are successes.

visa-vietnam.org seems similar to the other ones, and appears to be a bit cheaper than the one I used. The fact that Step 2 is "CONFRIM AND PAY" would make me wonder too, but I believe all of these services are run by Vietnam-based travel agencies and companies, and those sorts of typos and spelling errors are everywhere in this country, so I'll bet it's fine.

Hopefully someone who actually used them will come along soon to confirm.

#2 Posted: 16/5/2010 - 16:54

• hfergu

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2010
    Location Canada

I just went through myvietnamvisa.com as well and it was a smooth process. I was also very pleased to get a very quick response when I sent them an email.

I'm in a bit of a conundrum now because my trip in SE Asia will likely change to avoid BKK/Thailand. This means I'll be in Vietnam earlier than anticipated and my visa is already arranged. I know that I can't get a refund or make changes on my application, which means I'll have to repeat the process. I'm just wondering if they allow simultaneous e-visa applications (since the date will be earlier but overlapping). I will also probably have to opt for a multi-entry visa because my flights may change. Anyone have any experience with this kind of double application?

I'm waiting for a response from myvietnamvisa.com now in regards to this matter. I'll let you know what happens.

#3 Posted: 17/5/2010 - 07:05

• Vxh

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2010

Please let me know what happen, my plan is changing as well and I am planning on re-apping for another Visa...hopefully this doesn't confuse the Vietnamese visa agent's computer over there and mess it up some how...

#4 Posted: 21/5/2010 - 16:02

• hfergu

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2010
    Location Canada

Hi there Vxh, I contacted the agent at myvietnamvisa and was assured that reapplying would not be a problem. So, everything should be fine.

#5 Posted: 21/5/2010 - 22:51

• Vxh

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2010

Thx hfergu. I re-booked my Visa and got the new pre-confirmation letter. What day are you heading to Vietnam? I'm gonna be there myself on June 17 till September 8th.

#6 Posted: 31/5/2010 - 18:18

• hfergu

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2010
    Location Canada

My boyfriend and I are leaving for Hanoi (from Toronto via Hong Kong) early Tuesday morning. We should arrive on June 2nd and we'll spend about 3 weeks in Vietnam before going to Cambodia, then Laos, then back to Vietnam to see the north. So excited! I'll let you know how the visa works out at the airport... are you arriving in Hanoi or HCMC?

#7 Posted: 31/5/2010 - 19:19

• Doniwarner

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

I used myvietnamvisa.com to get a pre-approval for a multi-entry visa at the start of May. I had no problems with getting the pre-approval letter and everything went well once I arrived in Vietnam with the exception of waiting to get your visa! If you are not with a tour group your passport seems to be pushed to the bottom of the list over and over. It took over an hour and a half to get my passport and visa back because the tour operators could speak the language and would get their clients taken care of as fast as possible.

#8 Posted: 31/5/2010 - 19:42

• Vxh

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2010

Arriving in Vietnam in 2 days 17th, hope that immigration desk isn't too pack...

#9 Posted: 15/6/2010 - 07:19

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

You will get a bit further up the front of the queue if you print out and fill out the arrival papers beforehand. I think you can download it from the myvisa website.

#10 Posted: 29/6/2010 - 17:27

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.