Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Sapa, Fanshipan mountain

• Shane10

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2010

Hi,I'll be in Vietnam for 2 weeks and would be spending around 1 week in Sapa . Just like to know what's the best way to do Sapa cos I'm intending to climb Fansipan...

Saw a lot of tour packages on Fanshipan but seems to be really ex and I'm on a pretty tight budget. Is there any way I can just get a guide through those backpackers hostels and how much you think it would cost? The equip, guide etc... for the mountain climb?

Also 7 days in Sapa what are the things I can do? Going to give like 2 to 3 days to Fanshipan so that woulod leave around 4 days or so for Sapa..thinking of going solo and not getting a guide for that part. You think that's possible?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 18/5/2010 - 10:01

• Advertisement

• jungleanimal

Joined Travelfish
    16th August, 2010

hey! if you go the to the best youth guest houses in hanoi, they will introduce u to some reliable vietname guides to go there. usually they dont cost more 15$ a day but im not sure. in the price u have a couple things included. The firts guide i hired was not even 10$ day but is English was very limited and he tried to play the game with the street saler in order to make more money... You probably should hire one that is introduced to u by your hostel.
    good luck!
    oh, by the way, the second time i went to vietnam, i trivelled by motorbike (moist amazing trip of my life). Gunuine motorbike tour guides are REALLY hard to find. Generally that have a poor sense of organazition and safety. After my trip i heard that there is one western motorbike tour guide in hanoi but you have to book him around a week before you come... try to find at The Drift Backpacker Hostel..

good luck man you'll have a crazy time

#2 Posted: 16/8/2010 - 06:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
mountain biking in sapa! ... By LaurenCD on 5 Aug 2007 0 1194 5 Aug 2007
Visit Ham Rong Mountain in Sapa - a wonderful place ... By HanoiMargarita on 4 May 2012 0 2063 4 May 2012
Mountain biking in Sapa Baguette and Chocolate Cafe Hotel ... By bksmith69 on 29 Jul 2007 4 1962 5 Aug 2007