Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Visa application over 30 days

• doolough

Joined Travelfish
    22nd March, 2010

Hi,
    We fly into Hanoi on June 28th.
    We return home, to Ireland, on August 14th.

We will travel south through Vietnam - maybe for 3/4 weeks, and spend the rest of the time in Cambodia and Laos and then fly back into Hanoi for a night or two before our flight home.

I have looked up the Vietnam Embassy website and the FAQ section here. My understanding is that you can get a 30 day Visa and that you can extend it when you are out there.

Do I just apply for the standard 30 day Visa and then get another Visa from Cambodia or Laos so that we can get back to Vietnam for our flight home?

I would prefer to have it all sorted before I go. Will the embassy grant an extended Visa if I include my flight details.

If I can only get a 30 day Visa is it easy to get one In Cambodia/Laos?

Hope you can help.

Regards

#1 Posted: 18/5/2010 - 23:46

• Advertisement

• rawjer

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010
    Total reviews: 9

Posted from within Vietnam.

You could probably do it one of those ways, but I think it would be best and easiest to just start with a 3-month multiply-entry visa in the first place. You can get those online through the Visa On Arrival scheme, which is cheaper than doing it through an embassy as well.

A one-month visa extension is US$25, which is the same as the extra Stamping Fee for a multiple-entry visa ($50 instead of $25) so the costs would work out about the same, with no hassle and everything done in advance.

#2 Posted: 19/5/2010 - 17:15

• doolough

Joined Travelfish
    22nd March, 2010

Thank you.

#3 Posted: 20/5/2010 - 14:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Some visa cannot application in Philippine ... By SheaBirds on 18 Apr 2012 1 1219 24 Apr 2012
Postal Application for Vietnamese Visa from London ... By luckysmartie on 10 Jul 2011 2 3212 30 Jul 2011