Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Visa on arrival

• doolough

Joined Travelfish
    22nd March, 2010

I know there are previous posts about this but I just want some definite reassurance. Visa on arrival scheme was suggested to me on a preious post as opposed of going through the embassy. When I googled I got:

myvietnamvisa.com
    Has anybody used this specific group? Has it been okay?
    I read previous posts which named loads of different websites. Is this one the best/easiest?

Kind regards,

#1 Posted: 20/5/2010 - 14:11

• Advertisement

• rawjer

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010
    Total reviews: 9

Posted from within Vietnam.

The Visa On Arrival system is fairly new and it does sound a odd since there still seems to be some conflicting information about it online, but I did it a few months ago when I first arrived here and it worked exactly as advertised. I used myvietnamvisa.com as well, which may be the most popular one based on their Google search ranking.

You are right that there are many threads on this board discussing it, including one just a bit down this page where someone asks about Visa-Vietnam.org. I was one of two people who had used myvietnamvisa.com instead, and I've seen that other people have had good experiences with them.

I think if you scan some of the other "Possibly related threads" tagged on the bottom of this page you'll find some other people saying it works well, and I don't recall seeing anyone who reports getting screwed. Good luck.

#2 Posted: 20/5/2010 - 16:14

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

As I stated in your other thread, I used them and had no problems. I don't know if they are the 'easiest' because they are the only ones that I used. But it was certainly easy.

More info in this thread:
    http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/10420_info-for-u-s--citizens-getting-a-vietnam-visa-in-the-u-s-

#3 Posted: 21/5/2010 - 03:16

• Doniwarner

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

I used myvietnamvisa.com for my visa as well. I had a multi-entry and everything went fine. My only complaint was waiting to get my visa in HCMC, the tour operators dominate the line and we ended up waiting forever to get our visas (hour and a half or so).

#4 Posted: 31/5/2010 - 19:47

• 69bertie

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

I've used myvietnamvisa.com 3 times now, no problem with them. My problem as been with the VOA window. First time around I was done in less than 20 mins, 2nd time over 2 hours! Last month, I had to do a visa run again and this time, not only has a barrier appeared near the window but it only took 10mins. Really impressed and I saved a fair amount of money in the process (3mth multi)

The form that you have to fill in can be downloaded; fill it in before you get to the international airport to save time. Only one photo is required. And no, there are no ATM's between getting off the aircraft and reaching immigration. Not that any ATM in Vietnam dispenses dollar bills anyway.

And note: VOA is not valid at land border crossings, only at the international airports in HCMC, Hanoi and Da Nang. Coming by land you need an embassy issued visa.

#5 Posted: 3/7/2010 - 23:50

• cisdeluca

Joined Travelfish
    17th January, 2011

I used http://www.visa-vietnam.vn/ in November and it was very easy and fast. You pay $20 in advance by credit card and then $25 on arrival. On a previous trip, I got a visa at the consulate in San Francisco and it costed $85 for a 1 month single entry.

#6 Posted: 17/1/2011 - 13:02

• eb

Joined Travelfish
    5th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 5

In August 2009, I used vietnamstay.com and it worked as advertised (though I can't compare it to other options since it is the only one I used)

At passport control (at the ho chi minh airport) we had to go to a separate window on the left where we got our visas.

#7 Posted: 23/1/2011 - 01:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.