Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

northeast vietnam: how easy to travel in?

• eversjef

Joined Travelfish
    21st May, 2010

Hello travelfishers,

First of all thanks for all the valuable information this community produces. When we’re back we will certainly share any useful info, like the whole idea of swapping info.

Me and my girlfriend are from western Europe and are planning a trip to South east Asia (Vietnam & Cambodja,, maybe Laos). We booked a airplane-ticket arrival: Ha Noi; departure: HCMC. We stay for 2 months (begin july till end of august). We are planning to travel low-medium budget, and are in to scenery and culture, no night-time party holiday. We want to do most transport by train, public bus, xe om or taxi

We absolutely want to visit north of Vietnam ( Hanoi , ninh binh, ha long bay, Sapa, ba be national park,…) and pick up the trail back starting from Da lat to the Mekong delta

In Cambodia we absolutely want to visit Siem reap, Battambang, Phnom penh, Kompong Cham

Our Questions to you guys/girls:

 Is it possible to make the tour ((Ba be national park -> ha giang-> Meo Vac->bac ha -> sapa) I’ve read this trip in: http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/2390_north-of-vietnam--and-con-dao-island--trip-report-and-useful-informations. Sounds a very nice trip. Is this trip doable, meaning concerning the climate? My rough guide says the way from ha giang to meo vac is impassable during the wet season. Is this trip doable by public transport our do you guys recommend to hire a driver? Where from should we hire him? starting from Hanoi or in ba be or in ha giang? Is it possible to rent a motorbike in Meo vac or should we do it in Ha giang?

 Is it worth going to Cao Bang (Pac Bo Cave & Ban Gioc Falls,..)

 So we’re skipping a large part of Vietnam (Hue, hoi an, etc)? Recommended, or do we miss any must sees?

 Is it worth going up to kratie or Sen monorom? Do you guys/girls have other tips/good experience to go to in Cambodia? Any suggestions to go to?

 Is this doable in a relaxing pace in 2 months or is this itinerary to rushed? Should you guys recommend skipping some parts? Should you go to Laos? If so, where in Laos should we go?

#1 Posted: 21/5/2010 - 02:55

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Looking for 2 travel mates: Northeast Vietnam 4WD trip in early June ... By kongxh on 23 Apr 2008 7 2313 9 May 2008
first time -northeast vietnam in November ... By sdl68 on 31 Jul 2009 5 1609 17 Aug 2009