Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Massage schools in Vietnam

• leomburu

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2010

Hi, I was planning on going to a massage school in Chiang Mai, but with all the trouble, I will probably be avoiding bangkok and the north of Thailand.
    Are there any massage schools in Vietnam (or even Cambodia or Laos)?

Many thanks!

#1 Posted: 22/5/2010 - 12:51

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

No, don't count on it unless you speak Vietnamese (or want to work in de sex industry).

Also be aware that a massage in Vietnam is often (far more often than in Thailand) a sex experience since gogo-bars etc. are not allowed.

But apart from the sex the legitimate massages are different from Thai, Lao and Cambodian massages. More chinese oriented and the people who teach it do not cater for foreigners. That is if you're even able to find a massage school.

Better try your luck in Cambodia or Laos but I do not know any schools there

#2 Posted: 24/5/2010 - 19:43

• leomburu

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2010

I can't speak Vietnamese and wasn't looking for a change in career, so thanks for the heads up!

#3 Posted: 25/5/2010 - 09:50

• Vxh

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2010

haha...I've actually been to a legit massage parlor in Hue, it has a few small medicinal pools that was great. I haven't ran into the other industry massage parlor yet but then it was the only massage I've gotten so far.

#4 Posted: 31/5/2010 - 19:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Massage Schools in Chiang Mai ... By DannyJ on 3 Jan 2009 1 2285 4 May 2012