Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hoi An and suit shops?

• Enrico_Gatti

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2006

Posted from within Vietnam.

Can anybody reccommend me a good tailor in Hoi An, i just arrived here today and have heard its the place to get bespoke clothing.

Any tips?

#1 Posted: 1/11/2006 - 13:53

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Enrico,

Other Travelfish readers have recommended Khoa at 81 Nguyen Thai Hoc St. (perpendicular to Le Loi St.).

You can read the comments here.

#2 Posted: 1/11/2006 - 14:14

• goddessrel

Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2006

I recoment Dong Duong Indochine, 685 Hai Ba Trung St. They used to be called another name Dao Nguyen Ky Ky. They have moved and have changed their name.

The quality is amazing, along with the service. I had read recomendations for this place online and was planning on checking it out for myself, and then my moto drive also recommended.

In the end I got 5 dresses, 2 suit jackets, 5 suit pants, 5 suit skirts, 2 wool blazers, and 2 winter coats made, along with some dress shirts.

They pay great attention to detail and will do everything the way you want. I had brought in pictures that I had printed off the internet and they matched theme expertly!

Every one there is so friendly and helpful! I stand behind them and plan to order more clothes through them in the future!

#3 Posted: 1/11/2006 - 14:37

• nadjan

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2006

Hi,

We are going there next month and want to get some clothes made but we will only have time to stay for a few days. Will this be enough time?

How long did it take to have all of the things made that you listed in your message?

Thanks

#4 Posted: 1/11/2006 - 21:53

• DakLak

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2006

You need a minimum of three days from ordering to completion.

One person said of Yaly's Fashions, Hoi An, "We also had clothes made at Yaly. Clothes here were good as well . They are probably better for evening or something a bit unusual as they have a flair for getting the cut right on silky light material. A lot of the designs are on show in their shops and they will make these to fit. But they take two or even three fittings to get garments fitting properly."

#5 Posted: 10/11/2006 - 02:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Want a suit in Bangkok, but only two days so need it to be posted to me. Recommended shops? ... By Jozudave on 6 Nov 2009 9 2846 13 Nov 2009