Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Train fare from Hanoi to Da Nang

• plew10

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Anyone have current info on the train fare from Hanoi to Da Nang if I were to book at the station? (aircon soft sleeper). Just want to make sure my hotel is giving me a decent price.

#1 Posted: 5/6/2010 - 20:09

• Advertisement

• rawjer

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2010
    Total reviews: 9

I did that one a few months ago and I found the current prices on Seat61 to be up to date, or very nearly so.

http://www.seat61.com/Vietnam

Right now it says $36 for that journey in the highest class, and I'm sure that's right on or very close. I actually stopped in Hue.

I've found that hotels and travel agents normally add about $2 to the price, and considering the hassle in going to the station and booking yourself, to me it's worth it.

#2 Posted: 5/6/2010 - 20:42

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I think that $36. figure would be for soft sleeper, but that is not the highest class. On the SE1, the private Livitrans car is about $43. for a berth. I've taken both soft sleeper and Livitrans, and no comparison, take Livitrans. I took soft sleeper last year from Hue to Nha Trang and had roaches in the compartment. Livitrans is much much cleaner with no unwanted roommates, and certainly worth the extra cost. SE1 southbound and SE2 northbound are the only trains with Livitrans service. Livitrans is also on the Hanoi-Lao Cai service.

#3 Posted: 6/6/2010 - 02:31

• violets

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Total reviews: 28

I paid 660,000vnd from Danang to Hanoi on the S4 soft sleeper, bought through an agent, in April. That was bottom level which is a little dearer than the top bunk.

#4 Posted: 6/6/2010 - 22:12

• plew10

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Thanks all...ended up paying $47 for livitrans class booked through our guesthouse and includes a taxi to the station and use of a shower after we return from ha long bay. Seems worth the $4 markup to have them take care of it.

#5 Posted: 7/6/2010 - 06:03

• selinsay

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2010

hi plew10,

thank you for opening this thread, it also heloed me..

would you please tell which guesthouse you stayed? Do you recommend it?

thank you!

sincerely!

#6 Posted: 20/9/2010 - 21:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.