Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Train fare from Hanoi to Da Nang

Posted by plew10 on 5/6/2010 at 20:09

Posted from within Vietnam.

Anyone have current info on the train fare from Hanoi to Da Nang if I were to book at the station? (aircon soft sleeper). Just want to make sure my hotel is giving me a decent price.

#1 plew10 has been a member since 4/1/2010. Posts: 20

Posted by rawjer on 5/6/2010 at 20:42

I did that one a few months ago and I found the current prices on Seat61 to be up to date, or very nearly so.

http://www.seat61.com/Vietnam

Right now it says $36 for that journey in the highest class, and I'm sure that's right on or very close. I actually stopped in Hue.

I've found that hotels and travel agents normally add about $2 to the price, and considering the hassle in going to the station and booking yourself, to me it's worth it.

#2 rawjer has been a member since 20/1/2010. Posts: 104
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by daawgon on 6/6/2010 at 02:31

I think that $36. figure would be for soft sleeper, but that is not the highest class. On the SE1, the private Livitrans car is about $43. for a berth. I've taken both soft sleeper and Livitrans, and no comparison, take Livitrans. I took soft sleeper last year from Hue to Nha Trang and had roaches in the compartment. Livitrans is much much cleaner with no unwanted roommates, and certainly worth the extra cost. SE1 southbound and SE2 northbound are the only trains with Livitrans service. Livitrans is also on the Hanoi-Lao Cai service.

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,083

Posted by violets on 6/6/2010 at 22:12

I paid 660,000vnd from Danang to Hanoi on the S4 soft sleeper, bought through an agent, in April. That was bottom level which is a little dearer than the top bunk.

#4 violets has been a member since 6/7/2009. Posts: 151

Posted by plew10 on 7/6/2010 at 06:03

Posted from within Vietnam.

Thanks all...ended up paying $47 for livitrans class booked through our guesthouse and includes a taxi to the station and use of a shower after we return from ha long bay. Seems worth the $4 markup to have them take care of it.

#5 plew10 has been a member since 4/1/2010. Posts: 20

Posted by selinsay on 20/9/2010 at 21:33

hi plew10,

thank you for opening this thread, it also heloed me..

would you please tell which guesthouse you stayed? Do you recommend it?

thank you!

sincerely!

#6 selinsay has been a member since 19/9/2010. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.