Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

snorkleing

• burkey

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2010

we are a couple of ol'budget minded travelers using snorkleing as our catlyst to travel, we spent a month in thailand a couple of years back and loved the snorkling on koh chang, we expect to go back there for a couple of weeks, but at this point we have a couple of months (mid jan to mid april)to spend in the area starting with landing in ho chi minh city and head out from there to what ever snorkleing adventures, we may find, we are open to changing our port of entry, (as we haven't booked yet,) if there is much better snorkleing elsware in the region...any suggestions? thanks in advance to anyone who might have taken the time to read this and respond...
    happy trails

#1 Posted: 10/6/2010 - 13:06

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Well if you're head to ho chi minh anyway, I'd say go to Nha trang in vietnam and do some snorkeling there. some diving courses are available as well but I never had the chance to take it. snorkeling can be done by the islands nearby as you can take a boat trip to it and check it out for a few hours.

In cambodia nearby Kampot are some nice places as well, I've never been to kampot, only to sihanoukville but a lot of people told me it was really nice and quiet as well so I think it's worth checking it out!

Another great place for snorkeling is in Antigua and Barbuda (haha way of the track but yeah, just wanna share). a boat tript to bird island and you'll have the most beautifull snorkeling time in your life.

#2 Posted: 10/6/2010 - 15:30

• abc

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yes Nha Trang is the place for you.Good time of the year,rainy season over and it will be very hot.

#3 Posted: 21/6/2010 - 16:57

• burkey

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2010

thanks so much for the input you 2!

#4 Posted: 13/9/2010 - 07:58

• Vietnam720

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009
    Location Singapore

I vote for Nha Trang too although there's a bit of that in Phu Quoc.

#5 Posted: 13/9/2010 - 09:11

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Just make sure in Nha Trang that you book onto a proper snorkeling trip - this will probably be more of a scuba trip which also takes snorklers. In other words don't just book onto a boat trip that includes snorkeling because the snorkeling is pretty rubbish!

#6 Posted: 13/9/2010 - 10:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.