Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Best South Vietnam beach?

• torilou

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2010

So, I've been researching beach resorts in Vietnam - Nha Trang, Mui Ne etc, and keep coming up with conflicting advice with regards to which would be the best to visit.

My boyfriend and I will be in Vietnam for around 2 weeks and are planning on starting in Ho Chi Minh, then to Dalat, a beach resort, back to Ho Chi Minh then on to the Mekong.

Any advice with regards to the beaches? I'd prefer something small and not overly touristy but still with a 'buzz'. If such a place exists!

Tori

#1 Posted: 14/6/2010 - 04:26

• Advertisement

• Vietnam720

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009
    Location Singapore

Posted from within Vietnam.

Do some read up on Phu Quoc- best beach from the south.

#2 Posted: 14/6/2010 - 09:02

• torilou

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2010

Would you be able to tell me how I would reach the Island/ how long the journey would take?

#3 Posted: 14/6/2010 - 15:53

• aperrin49

Joined Travelfish
    8th June, 2010

Phu Quoc can be reached by airplane from Ho Chi Minh very easily (5 or 7 flights a day). You can also take a bus and ferry, longer and cheaper, from Ho Chi Minh or any cities in the mekong delta.
    According to me, the most beautiful and touristfree beaches are in north of the Island.
    I have been living 6 months in vietnam and so far now phu quoc beaches are the best I ve seen (better than Mui Ne or Nha Trang ).

This guest house is amazing : Freedomland (can find the website on google). I have been there just once but the owner can bring you (and whoever wants in the guesthouse) to personal trips with him on some fisherman boat around the island (cheaper than usual tourist trips). 0 tourist but you, and it was the first time I saw turquoise-blue water and real white sand in Viet Nam.
    Better, Peter, the owner, is a good cook so every evenning, if you want, you can join the table with all the other guests and eat the fusion (international/vietnamese)food he makes. And as a good french guy who likes to eat, I can tell he is a cook.

But even if you want to go to Nha Trang or Mui Ne, choose Nha Trang. The beach is almost the same but he can look at the islands while you lie on the sand and the surroundings are more interesting (typical vietnamese market, Cham temples, Yersin tomb). Mui Ne (almost only a street) is also really smaller than Nha Trang
    Go to Mui Ne if you want to have fun and enjoy a good party until the sunup and then enjoy the sun for a day, not more. you will mainly find foreigners.

#4 Posted: 17/6/2010 - 15:42

• mariannejoh-
    n123

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2010

There are some famous and most beutiful beaches in the South Vietnam like Nha Trang, Mui Ne or Phu Quoc. Among of them Mui Ne and Phu Quoc are the best.

As I been to both of these places a couple of years ago and I loved Mui Ne with beautiful White Sand Dune, palm trees, fresh sea food...and if you want to do some activity like kiteboarding, windsurfing...come and enjoy.

But I got the problem with the hotel as all most the hotels full booked at my travel time thus I think that you should find the suitable hotel and book it as soon as possilbe if you want to spend someday here.

Cheers,

#5 Posted: 17/6/2010 - 17:15

• supabrudda

Joined Travelfish
    14th May, 2007

Phu Quoc has the better beaches in Viet Nam.

Hijacking the thread for a plug.....
    If you're heading to Hoi An/Hoian, take some time to visit An Bang beach. it's a nice stretch of beach mostly used by locals. The food & drinks good & cheap (unlike Cua Dai Beach). It's quiet during the day (but plenty of sun beds available if you promise to buy a drink/food - the first place on the left has the cheapest drinks & speak english), after about 4pm the locals start to congregate - the fishermen in their basket boats cooking up their ctch for the locals.

Phatties is the ex-pat bar there (comes alive during the night - last place on the left).

It's about 60-70,000dong in a metered taxi (use Yellow taxis as they seem to have the most honest meters). Or about 20-30min on a bicycle (it's 6km from the centre).

anyway back to best South Vietnam beaches

#6 Posted: 17/6/2010 - 18:03

• abc

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2010

Are you going by bus to Dalat?If so you will go past Mui ne on the way there and back.You could go to Dalat and then down the other side of the mountain to Nha Trang.Nha Trang has a long decent beach and plenty to do day and night.Then bus it down to Mui ne(5-6hrs)for a more chilled out time.Good resorts there but not too much to do.

#7 Posted: 21/6/2010 - 16:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Looking for quiet accom on the beach in South Vietnam! ... By jmac on 15 Jul 2009 2 2627 15 Jul 2009