Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Long Life Riverside hotel - Hoi An

Posted by supabrudda on 14/6/2010 at 15:49

Posted from within Vietnam.

If any one is looking to have a bit of a splurge for their accommation in Hoi An, I can recommend The Long Life Riverside hotel, just over the river from the old town. Rooms are $35/night, which put clubs rooms @ the Sheraton to shame. The rooms are massive & absolutely stunning. The latex matresses & pillows are perfect. The bathtub (or spa)are nice. The pool is a great relief @ the end of a hot day. The staff are excellent & speak excellent English (the reception girls have a very cheeky sense of humour).

And of course they have satelite TV, so you can even watch the footy (and their mini bar has street prices if you need a few beers).

We came for 3 days & ended up staying 6, the old town, the beach and a great hotel...why would you want to be anywhere else?

#1 supabrudda has been a member since 14/5/2007. Posts: 9

Posted by Vxh on 15/6/2010 at 07:16

Thx, landing in Saigon on the 17th so 2 more days. I will definitely look for this hotel when I visit Hoi An...Hope the staff are not rude.

#2 Vxh has been a member since 7/4/2010. Posts: 19

Posted by supabrudda on 17/6/2010 at 17:51

Posted from within Vietnam.

Certainly not rude (they're very friendly). They enjoy joking around with guests.

I forogt to mention rooms have their own internet PC & there's free bicycles. breakfasts are good

#3 supabrudda has been a member since 14/5/2007. Posts: 9

Posted by casbar on 18/3/2012 at 01:02

Hi and thanks for your report on the Long Life Riverside. May I ask what type of room you had, and where you booked to get it for $35 per night?

#4 casbar has been a member since 22/1/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by daawgon on 19/3/2012 at 09:29

That hotel might be very nice, but it's just so nice to be a little closer to the action - in the Ancient Town. If I want to see the river or the beach, I just rent a push bike and go!

#5 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,093

Posted by casbar on 19/3/2012 at 16:43

Thanks Daawgon for your input. As with all decisions, there are pluses and minuses - just a matter of weighing everything up!!!

#6 casbar has been a member since 22/1/2012. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.