Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

ho chi minh travel agent recommendation

• marikazabina

Joined Travelfish
    24th June, 2010

I am flying into Ho Chi Minh next week and want to plan a trip to Angkor Wat, then on to Bangkok. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a trusted travel agent in HCM, a tour company, or maybe offer some tips on planning this trip? I'd like to take care of most details (travel, lodging) before I leave HCM that way I don't have to worry about them while in Cambodia.

Many thanks!

#1 Posted: 24/6/2010 - 13:27

• Advertisement

• AmericanVie-
    tnamese

Click here to learn more about AmericanVietnamese
    Joined Travelfish
    25th June, 2010
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi. I am living in Vietnam and my understanding is the most popular agency seems to be Saigon Tourist (although I do not know how good they are as I do not have much experience with the travel agencies here). There are many agents in District 1 of Saigon (main tourist area). I personally would recommend booking rooms in the city when you arrive because you can shop around for the best price... I have found that (at least in VN, Cambodia and Thai) the prices can vary dramatically so you can actually save a lot, especially if you plan to stay a while.

#2 Posted: 25/6/2010 - 07:28

• annica

Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2010
    Total reviews: 3

HI!

We just found a very cheap ticket to fly from Ha Noi to Can Tho with tftravel agency but we aren't sure of booking it because it's is cheaper than Vietnam Airlines web price although we are supposed to fly with this airline.

Anybody knows if we can trust in this travel agency? Any bad or good experiences?

Thanks!

#3 Posted: 29/6/2010 - 02:40

• abc

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

I don't know that agency but it's not uncommon that an agent can get you a ticket cheaper than the airline.I use small local travel shops in Vietnam and often they get you better prices than the airline or hotel gives you.Pays to shop around out here if you have the time.

#4 Posted: 9/7/2010 - 20:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Sinh Cafe -> Sinh Tourist? (or other travel agent recommendation) ... By smash on 5 Jan 2010 7 8613 28 Jan 2011
Hanoi agent recommendation - thanks Daawgon ... By justwondering on 10 Oct 2009 3 1367 20 Oct 2009