Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Another Visa question

• BanhMi

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

I know theres a ton of visa info out there, but I feel my situaion may be a bit unique so here goes...
    Due to a clerical error on the three month multiple entry visa I got at the Vietnamese Embassy in San Francisco, it was cancelled at Hanoi airport and I was reissued a one month single entry visa. The problem is that my return flight leaves in 5 weeks from Hanoi, and I was going to go to Cambodia in between. I am in Hoi An now, and the desk at the hotel say they cannot help me, and I need to take care of it in Saigon. My question is what exactly to do in Saigon and where to go. Do I get an entirely new single entry visa that overlaps the one I already have, or should I get a visa on arrival to pick up in Hanoi airport when I fly in from Cambodia prior to my return flight home? Where should I go in saigon and how long should I expect it to take?
    Many thanks for any help you can give.

#1 Posted: 28/6/2010 - 18:38

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

you will need a new visa if you re-enter Vietnam - you don't say if you plan to leave the transit area at Hanoi airport???

#2 Posted: 29/6/2010 - 01:05

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

Yes, are you planning to leave Hanoi airport before your return flight? If not you don't need to worry about another visa. If so, you will need to pick up another visa when you're in Cambodia, or arrange for a visa on arrival for pick-up at Hanoi airport. As far as I know you cannot "change" an already issued single entry visa into a multiple entry. If you're going to Phnom Penh the process for a Vietnam visa is known to be relatively fast, easy and cheap there. Best of luck.

#3 Posted: 29/6/2010 - 07:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.