Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Itinerary for Vietnam......

• TennisHaus

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2010

Im looking for some help on our plans for the Vietnam part of our trip. WE would like to do the following:
    1. Ha long Bay
    2. Motorbike tour 2days, which one is best, we can do it in HCMC or Hanoi .
    3. HCMC and some tours around there.
    Our problem is time. We are not backpackers, but we are adventurers.
    WE both have minimal motorcycle experience.
    What do people recommend to do above all other things in Hanoi and HCMC? Aug 6th through 13th is our time frame.
    TIA

#1 Posted: 19/7/2010 - 10:38

• Advertisement

• kfitz7151

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2010

I'll be out there then if ur cool to meet?

#2 Posted: 20/7/2010 - 04:18

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you've got seven days all up, unless you need to go to Saigon, I'd skip it and stay in the north. Allow two days for Ha Long Bay two days for Hanoi and with the remainder head to Sapa (train up and back) and organise a motorbike trip from there (with driver). With a driver, while costs will be higher, you'll be able to better enjoy the view and will be safer.

Hope that helps.

#3 Posted: 20/7/2010 - 07:29

• TennisHaus

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2010

KFRITZ751: I would love to meet up, but it is more up to my wife. I usually travel alone, and always meet people to travel with for few days here and there. This is our first big trip together.
    SOMTAM2000: I heard Sapa is not worth the three days of a trip. I heard Delta is better and Halong Bay is great as well. I will search more, but if people think Sapa is good, we may do that. For a $60 plane trip I would like to see the difference between North and South Vietnam.

#4 Posted: 20/7/2010 - 10:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.