Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Nice swimming pool in Hanoi

Posted by shaydan_01 on 27/7/2010 at 16:05

Posted from within Vietnam.

Bit late I know, but thought it worth a try anyway. It's my boyfriends birthday tomorrow and I would like to take him to a fancy hotel to use the swimming pool for a couple of hours if the weather is nice. I'm not sure if all big hotels will let outsiders pay to use the pool and I sort of want to plan where we're going before we go there. Any recommendations would be lovely, and any other ideas are welcome too of course, open to all random suggestions for birthday fun!

#1 shaydan_01 has been a member since 16/11/2009. Location: Australia. Posts: 80

Posted by swag on 28/7/2010 at 07:35

you might want to try the hanoi expat website.Lots of good info there. I did stay in the Sofitel plaza which has a great pool but don't know if outsiders can pay. anyway check this link out.
http://newhanoian.xemzi.com/
cheers

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by travellingsarah on 28/7/2010 at 11:54 TF writer

Sorry - probably far too late but anyway ... As far as I'm aware you can use the pool at the Daewoo Hotel for $10 each. It's a bit out of the centre of things but only about 50,000 in a taxi. I've not been in it but the pool looks wonderful and during the day is very quiet. You should call first to check though.

There's also one at the Army Hotel (nr the Vietnam History Museum) which is 70,000 VND but I wouldn't class that as a fancy hotel!

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by shaydan_01 on 29/7/2010 at 11:14

thanks for your replies guys. didn't end up swimming but we might today. swag, i will bookmark that website, looks great.

#4 shaydan_01 has been a member since 16/11/2009. Location: Australia. Posts: 80

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.